Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

Question:

Why is Arkansas not continuous with Tennessee? Is this a game balance reason, or some historical aspect I am unaware of?

Tennessee was old SEC. Arkansas was old SWC. Makes sense to me. :)

Razorback-Volunteer War, 1867

Major General Broyles was never the same afterwards.

hqdefault

Kentucky

@Navaronegun

President Dallas to Delaware (this blocks off and sews up PA, MD, NJ, DE, NY and NE for 119 Electoral Votes, unless anyone has a split MD or split NY card).

William Rufus King to GA (this blocks off and sews up AL, TN, GA, MS, LA and AR for 38 electoral votes unless anyone has a LA shenanigans card).

@Brooski

There’s some extremely vicious piranhas on that AR/TN section of the Mississippi, I assume

Only Major I know is Major Harris.

Seems right

Congratulations to President Dallas and Vice President King.

Influence is distributed to each faction, the faction leaders, and Martin Van Buren.

Next up we have the draft. Draft order is:

@Brooski
@Cuthbert
@Panzeh
@Ironsight
@Navaronegun

I will distribute cards shortly.

Once again foiled by Moose and Squirrel.

The Butcher of New Orleans, Ben Butler arrives in DC, fresh off freeing some slaves and stealing some southern ladies’ silverware

Cuthbert now has a second set of statesmen on the spreadsheet, in the former Player 6 position. He just has too many dudes.

I win! That was my hidden victory condition all along.

Lol. I meant to play @AbrahamLincoln

Thomas Hendricks joins @Panzeh’s faction.

Franklin Pierce joins the Clinton-Webster faction and promptly buys everyone in Congress a round of drinks.

franklin-pierce-9440391-1-402

Draft is now complete. We move to the Newspaper phase. @Navaronegun, would you like to publish the level one Conservative Paper?

Once Navaronegun decides, @Brooski, would you like to publish the level two Liberal paper?

Publish. Also start another paper for 1 IP.

Also William A. Wheeler joins the President’s faction. He is 9 years old.