Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

Bring the issues, and a drink, @CF_Kane!

The first issue facing the second Dallas administration was the return of an old enemy on the United States’s southern border. The Seminole Tribe of Florida was accused of aggression against settlers in Georgia and Alabama. The papers called for a punitive expedition.

The Second Seminole War is a difficulty 4 issue for the General alone. If resolved: 1IP to Conservative Leader. Public Support 1 to LIberal. Reserves -40. Popularity +2. If failed, place in next deck, Popularity -2. If ignored, place in next deck.

@Navaronegun, will you refer this issue to the General?

It’s just a big swamp. Ignore it, next issue. @CF_Kane

For the entirety of the American Republic, slavery has been a simmering issue between the Northern and Southern states. The issue of slavery exploded during President Dallas’s second term, as national expansion threatened to change the balance of the free and slave states in the Senate. Southern states pushed for extension of slavery into the territories and new states, while Northern states pushed for free soil.

Extension of Slavery Crisis is a difficulty 6 issue for the President and Congress.

If resolved via negotiation, Tension -1. If cancelled by CJ, must immediately choose a different option. Popularity +3.

If resolved via a standoff, Tension +1. 2IP to conservative leader.

If failed or ignored, Tension +1. 2IP to conservative leader. Place card in next deck.

Maybe we should have elected someone with a higher ability…

Crisis? There is no crisis. Ignore the damn hand-wringing radicals and insane fire-eaters. They’ll be the death of this nation. Next Issue, @CF_Kane

William Henry “Liberal Lover 1” Harrison? Or James “I have a 2” Monroe? Methinks not. This has been a wonderful two terms. Arthur Schlesinger will write a damn book! Dallas’ Era of Good Feelings. A happy churning economy, a full treasury and no foreign wars (and no Indian Removals).

I’m not sure you get the high ground on the Indian removals if you continue to allow slavery…

Why submit it to Congress? Your “Party of No” will vote it down. And if negotiated it doesn’t end anything, merely negotiates a compromise on it’s extension.

Anyhow, get out of my White House and back to the Congress with ye! Guards, there is a Frenchman who claims to be from Pennsylvania in my Office!

Does President Dallas even know where Switzerland is??

Next up is admission of Missouri, which is discarded due to not resolving the Extension of Slavery Crisis. Next up after that is the Admission of Michigan to the Union.

Admitting Michigan is a difficulty 2 issue for State and Congress. Michigan has 3 electoral votes in era B and 4 electoral votes in era C. If admitted, +1 popularity.

President Dallas delegates to William Rufus King.

William Rufus King takes a fact-finding trip to the Great Lakes and invites James Buchanan (@Cuthbert) to accompany him as a Congressional Liaison with the Executive on this potential expansion.

King

William Rufus King, after returning to the capital with James Buchanan, then appoints Thaddeus Stevens (@Panzeh) Secretary of State to see to the admission of Michigan as a state

vote yes with all my 16 votes

@Cuthbert

Buchanan had a…memorable time with Mr King, so 18 votes yes

@Panzeh

Assuming Stevens accepts the Sec of State office he now becomes the Liberal Party leader.

Why?456

He has more popularity now than Monroe.

Edit - Or he will once he accepts. They were tied at 5 so Monroe got it for being the older statesman.

AFK until later tonight. Will vote Yes on Michigan with 13 votes when it’s my turn.

Oh I see. I thought there was some thing with his being Sec’y State. Which there kind of is, but not directly.