Founding Fathers Forum Game: A republic, if you can keep it.

@CF_Kane

Gallatin manages to whip up substantial support for the liberal party with his well attended wine and cheese soirées.

(Gallatin rolls a six, meaning +2 popular support to the liberal party.)

Time to auction the last impulse. Bidding starts with @Ironsight.

One IP @Navaronegun

Nuttin

@Brooski

2 IP @ @Cuthbert

pass
@Panzeh

Pass @Ironsight

I bid one IP originally so @Brooski wins the bid for 2 IP. @CF_Kane

@Brooski, I just sent you your card. Any action this impulse?

Play Samuel Tilden

Tilden is played. We now move on to the first term of the Polk Presidency. @Panzeh, any action before the first issue?

Let’s head to issue 1.

Many in Congress were still upset about the establishment of a National Bank under the Dallas administration. With the Polk administration taking over, dissident members of Congress reached out to the treasury department, seeking the de-funding of the bank.

Defunding of the Bank of the USA is a difficulty 5 issue for the Secretary of the Treasury alone. If resolved, 2IP to Conservative Leader, public support one towards Conservative Party. National Bank card removed. +1 popularity.

If failed or ignored, 1IP to Liberal Leader, add to next deck.

@Panzeh, will you appoint a Secretary of the Treasury and refer this issue, or will you ignore it?

Polk will ignore the issue.

We have hit the reshuffle and are in Era C, the last era for Issue cards in the base game. There are important mechanical changes at the end of Era C, as we move to the expansion and its new election model. I will have a follow up post today explaining the details. Most notably, newspapers will become obsolete at the time of the changeover. There are at least 4 terms worth of issues remaining after this one, possibly a fifth term depending on how many issues are resolved.

The relitigation of Dallas administration policies continued in 1834, as Southern States again began to agitate for the extension of slavery throughout the territories. Perhaps the Polk administration would take a different tack than the Dallas administration, which was content to avoid the issue.

Extension of Slavery Crisis is a difficulty 6 issue for the President and Congress.

If resolved via negotiation, Tension -1. If cancelled by CJ, must immediately choose a different option. Popularity +3.

If resolved via a standoff, Tension +1. 2IP to conservative leader.

If failed or ignored, Tension +1. 2IP to conservative leader. Place card in next deck.

@Panzeh, will Polk address the extension of slavery?

@CF_Kane I believe I get to replace an action card at this point?

Indeed. Will provide shortly.

As do I when you get to it. Thanks.