Fox photoshopping NYT journalist pictures

The Jew York Times responds.

Neither Steinberg nor Reddicliffe were reachable for comment Wednesday. But Times Culture Editor Sam Sifton called the Fox photo work “disgusting,” and the criticism of the paper’s reporting “a specious and meritless claim.”

“It wasn’t a hit piece,” Sifton told E&P. “It was straight news. This was a hit piece by Fox News. It is beneath comment.” Asked if the paper planned to respond to Fox’s actions, he said no: “It is fighting with a pig, everyone gets dirty and the pig likes it.”

Everyone knows that anyone who watches Fox is a humorless idiot who probably believes a dog is a reporter.

Relax, NoWay. Fox doesn’t need your help.

If the audience were actually relevant in this, that would be a relevant, snarky remark.

However…

You guys actually expect better of Fox News?

Given the amazing feats of rationalization that have followed my earlier post, I feel obligated to mention that I brought up the “Smokegate” photo because it was the target of a prolonged right-wing hissy fit disproportionate to its supposed evil intentions, while this thuggish character assassination is sure to get a pass simply because it’s their boys doing it.

Asked if the paper planned to respond to Fox’s actions, he said no: “It is fighting with a pig, everyone gets dirty and the pig likes it.”

That’s a great line.

I suppose it could be the world’s worst photoshop clean up job for television, but I don’t see how you accidentally end up with that outcome. I didn’t pick up on the writers being Jewish and them getting the uh, traditional treatment here. Extra ugh.

Also, jesus christ is cable news ever going to stop with the idiotic crawl?

Are they denying it? I mean considering that the third picture is obviously photoshopped, perhaps they thought they were being funny?

Good grief, it’s just like all you super left wingers to immediately jump to the conclusions that fit your ideology.

How do we know that the pictures on Fox aren’t accurate and the ones on the NYT pages aren’t photoshopped to make them look better than they are? huh? Ever thought of that?

;)

What’s even sadder is what a lousy job Fox did. C’mon, a professional could have made subtle alterations that made them look just a little more … something… but done it in a way that was not really detectable unless you overlaid the photos. These look like some kid playing with a shareware caricature program.

I just thought it was hilariously stupid until Lum pointed out the creepy angle, actually.

It looks like they were going for a purposeful exaggeration that was supposed to be obvious, but that should have been mentioned as such or made obviouser (like the poodle photoshops).

What are the poodle photoshops you’re talking about?

After showing the altered headshots, to ram home the “attack dog” theme, they showed an obviously photoshopped picture of a dog owner and his dog with Steinberg’s and Reddicliffe’s faces.

Those are some good Christian values.

Just because Foxnews is obviously attempting to pander to conservatives and many Christians are conservatives does not in any way imply that the people that run Foxnews are Christians. And if they are then they still don’t have the right to speak for all Christians and it’s idiotic to assume they do.

Just like the dudes that wrote the Left Behind series don’t speak for all Christians.

Just like the Pope doesn’t speak for all Christians.

etc.

Duh.

Fox isn’t even specifically about pandering to Christians (although Christianists might be a better term). It’s about pandering to the “spittle-flecked middle-aged white dudes” segment of the GOP, which overlaps with the Christianists, but not perfectly. You want pandering to Christianists, you need to watch Pat Robertson’s network.

What, you mean that Fox isn’t staffed by Jesus Camp Magna (With) Laude graduates? That you didn’t just accurately describe their newsroom?

Could’a fooled me.

I guess this isn’t any worse than the Democrat Party using altered photos.

Oops, Canadian soldier LOLLERCAKES.

So, we’re agreeing that Fox is the propaganda arm of the GOP imperial forces?