FreeSpace2?

Whoa, that was a disturbing post from McGriddle. I think I can score the discs from a guy at work.

Thread resurrection: Free the space!

The Pack Includes:

-Freespace 2 full install
-Freespace 2 Cutscenes
-SCP 3.6.7, CVS Build 1/25
-3.6.8 Media VPs
-DerelictSCP MOD (which Voices)
-FS_port MOD (which Cutscenes)
-Hi-poly Apollo for FS_port
-Awakenings (which voices) and Destiny of Peace campaigns inside fs_port mod.
-Low-end 3D Shockwaves
-Hi-Poly Ursa
-Hi-poly Hi-res Lucifer

All compressed to 1.76GB .rar file.

all you need to do un unrar and cut and paste the Games folder to C:/

Teeeeechnically warez. You can share the game with friends, but not the public. Whoops.

Curses! Ah well, Tom, delete if you feel it’s inappropriate.

I like to think Qt3 is more “friends” than “public”. :)

-Tom

I downloaded this and burned it to give to a “friend” and it works like a champ.

One of the HLP crew is finishing up a new Ravanna model. Looks lovely.

• **** QT3 0-DAY WAREZ ****************

RUNNING C-NET 2.43 6 LINES AMIGA 2000+ 20Mhz 68020 100 MB ONLINE 24/7
PIONEER 6 CD CHANGER WITH BEST OF EURO DEMOS LOADED DAILY

**** SYSOP: ENTITY ****

****PUBLIC LINES:

(xxx) YOU-WISH
(xxx) L3T-HAXR

*** FULL FIDO-NET ACCESS
*** 2/1 DL/UL RATIO NO LEECHERS!

GREETZ TO: M4N BBS, THE MISSING, RAZOR 1911, FAIRLIGHT

eof

There’s a mod that recreated the Freespace 1 campaign in Freespace 2, isn’t there? Can someone point me to that? I never did play Freespace 1.

It’s difficult to Google for this. I tried

freespace 2 “freespace 1” mod

But no luck

Edit: nevermind, I bet that “FS_port” thing in the torrent is it. SERIES OF COLONS, PARENTHESES AND OTHER PUNCUTATION MARKS INDICATING EMBARASSMENT.

Make sure you get the videos for the Port.

How do you play the FS1 mod anyway? I don’t see it in the campaign list.

Here a link for those without BitTorrent:

http://www.freespacezone.com/

Images for the CDs

Played the first couple of missions of the Freespace 1 campaign last night, worked fine after I installed OpenAL (locked up on the main menu without it).

To get to the Freespace 1 campaign, you need to run launcher.exe. Set things up there however you like, be sure to point it to the game .exe, and choose the FS_port mod (need to point it to the right directory, it’s not a nice mod menu). Then run the game. If you did it right, you’ll get the Freespace 1 intro. Then on the starship bridge animated menu dealy, go to the Choose Campaign menu, it’s the rightmost door on the second floor IIRC, and choose Freespace Main Campaign.

Phew.

Anyone have tips on setting up my joystick for this thing? I have a Logitech 2.4 Cordless Freedom…Which commands should I bind to buttons? Haven’t had to do that in a looong time.

Counter Measures, Cycle Missiles/Lasers, Afterburner, Target Hostile, Match Speed to Target. There are a few missions where you’ll need “target nearest warhead.”

Edit - If your using an ATI card you should select the OpenGL renderer. Specular is bugged in Direct3D.

Ok, you seem to know what you’re talking about. Are widescreen resolutions ok, or is it going to cut off stuff?

Unfortunately the HUD doesn’t quite matchup in widescreen mode. Try it though, you might find it managable.

This the current project list