Fuck Star Wars: Unaltered OT on DVD this September

Huh. The only part of those news I found interesting is that there is a LEGO Star Wars II coming along. :-D

$$$$$

Exactly. Another version to suck money from fanboys. Lucas is a genius.

Something called the ‘double-fuck’ … he gets to say STFU to everyone who has been complaining, and gets to make them buy ‘his’ versions as well.

Mike

Heh. That Chick one is called “tomsbuns.”

I still have the original edition on pristine VHS. Why would I bother with DVD? It’s not like the aluminum backing on DVD’s lasts forever, either.

Well, I guess you wouldn’t bother. I have the originals on VHS too, but they’re far from pristine these days, so I’m excited.

Yeah, like, WTF was I thinking buying all these CDs when I have all the cassette tapes?

I don’t know. WTF were you thinking? Unless those cassettes were in poor condition, why would you?

My Remastered but Han Shot First copies of Star Wars are fine; they’ve been viewed no more than a dozen times and have never been stored in less-than-perfect conditions. It would be silly to replace them at this point.

If they’re in poor shape half a dozen years from now when my kid’s old enough to appreciate them, then I’ll consider it.

VHSs have to be rewound and don’t have nice chapters or menus or subtitles and the picture quality isn’t as good as DVD. Cassettes have to be rewound and don’t have nice track selection and the sound quality isn’t as good as CD. HD-DVDs and Blu-ray have far, far better picture quality than DVD. That is why you would buy DVDs even if you already have VHSs, and why (if you have an HDTV) you would buy HD-DVDs even if you already have DVDs.

These aren’t movies where I’m going to use random access to get to one part or another; I watch the whole thing, or none at all.

Tapes have to be rewound, but if you stop in the middle and start again the next day, you don’t have to seek around to where you left off – you’re already there!

As for picture/sound quality, it’s not going to be better than the source. If the source’s quality isn’t any better than VHS sound quality and resolution, then it’s not going to improve by putting it on a DVD.

I hate to be the kind of person to counter a statement in the form of “if x then y” with “x is false,” but, um, x is false.

Assuming the source is 35mm film, the video quality should be considerably better than VHS – or even DVD, if the print is in good shape.

But you only have until December 31st!!!

After that there’s bittorrent.

1. Your VCR is still connected? Mine’s gathering dust in the garage.

2. You really can’t see the difference between VHS and DVD? Let me guess – 25-inch TV?

I I DON’T KNOW MY LIFE IS A LIE. Rimbo, you are so awesome to talk to.

My Remastered but Han Shot First copies of Star Wars are fine; they’ve been viewed no more than a dozen times and have never been stored in less-than-perfect conditions. It would be silly to replace them at this point.

That’s it? Fag. GET OUTTA THE SW THREADS NOOB.

If they’re in poor shape half a dozen years from now when my kid’s old enough to appreciate them, then I’ll consider it.

HAHAHAHAHA be sure to look real hard for them on eBay after the switch to 2-inch double-sided Blu-Ray DVDs, Luddite.

That’s right, because Star Wars was shot on VHS, not 35mm. Oh wait.

Time to Ninja Vanish, Rimbo.

Tapes have to be rewound, but if you stop in the middle and start again the next day, you don’t have to seek around to where you left off – you’re already there!

My DVD player remembers where I last was on the last 40 DVDs played on it.

BTW, your kid isn’t going to appreciate them (unless they’re worth a lot on eBay or something at that point). They’re only special to you because they’re part of your youth.

I foresee an awesome argument in the future with your kid riddled with phrases like, “Young punk!” and “Back in MY day…”