Funniest scene you've ever seen in a movie

‘There’s Something About Mary’: the franks and beans scene:

I still laugh every time I see this, despite how many times I’ve seen it. That movie has a number of really funny scenes.

A (probably lesser known) runner up: A Debra Winger misadventure in ‘Forget Paris:’

14 year old me and mates, watching this for the first time. I cried with laughter so much it hurt.

The hardest I can remember laughing at a movie is the whole baseball sequence in Naked Gun.

Thanks all for contributing to this thread (also the one in shows). Needed the laughs - and great to have many more movies to put on the list of “comedies to watch (some again)”.

I’d never seen the Forget Paris clip before - I guess I never saw this entire movie - and it was brilliant, thanks!

Young Frankenstein: Blind priest scene, when Peter Boyle as the Frankenstein monster, rolls his eyes after Gene Hackman breaks his mug. The whole scene is just hilarious.

This scene from Trading Places, when Eddie Murphy breaks the fourth wall:

I love that scene in Trading Places. I love how, apparently, it’s one of the best explanations of commodities trading ever.

Kung Pow! is juvenile, but parts are just so funny if you’re in the mood. It mixes original silly content with an old dubbed movie. This is a mashup rather than one scene:

Not sure how intentionally funny it’s meant to be, but I actually, literally, fell out of my chair laughing when I first saw this scene:

It wasn’t meant to be funny. They were trying to start a franchise and failed sooo miserably. I wonder how much drugs were involved.

I don’t think there’s any way you can watch Barry Bostwick’s performance and tell me he at least wasn’t intentionally trying to be funny.

Dude. Seriously. Read the production portion of the Wikipedia page. It’s delightful.

When I saw Megaforce as a kid I thought it was the most awesome thing I had ever laid eyes on. I wanted a rocket bike so bad.

Dude, I called local toy stores hoping there were some Megaforce toys (there weren’t, but I tried anyway).

But then MASK came out a few years later and pretty much scratched that itch.

The scene in The Other Guys where supercops The Rock and Samuel L Jackson jump off the roof of that building to their obvious death maimed me.

I’ll just cheat and say any scene from Top Secret!

Saw this on a family ski trip and laughed plenty thru it, but this scene killed me. Tears, hyperventilation, stomach cramps, killed me.

duckduckgo

Monty Python and the Holy Grail. The whole damned movie. I mean you know you’re in for a ride when the opening credits have you in tears, from laughing.

Then there’s the brilliance of Mel Brooks. Its hard to pick a favorite scene when you cant pick a favorite movie. So for my favorite “scene” Ill just go with my favorite role in a Mel Brooks movie. And that honor goes to Marty Feldman as Igor in Young Frankenstein. I laughed my ass off every time he hit the screen. From Abby Normal to Blucher! Feldman was awesome. But then so was everyone in the movie.