Game box art challenge?

Um… Moonmist?

I don’t think it’s The Seventh Guest, but I’ll guess The Seventh Guest anyway.

Nope! I’ll put up the next one. It has a beard in it.

Well, I stumbled across this while Googling to confirm the name of another game (Mindshadow was going to be my guess). I have never heard of this particular game, so I never would have gotten it. Cool cover.

I was close to picking Mindshadow (I hadn’t checked the answers post yet to see if it’d been played). I loved that game when I was young.

I think I remembered the cover of Mindshadow and the sort of game it was, but I’m not sure if I ever played it. I thought maybe yours was an alternate cover. Anyway… good luck, folks!

The only old Activision games I remember are Zork games. Harumph!

Chopper Command would like a word with you!

Oh yea, several of my Atari 2600 games were Activision. I was just remembering in terms of PC games.

I remember I used to like their logo on the Atari cartridges because so many of their games were among the very best the system had to offer, and seeing their logo on a box made me want the game even more: Pitfall, Grand Prix, and the aforementioned Chopper Command. I wish Activision still made video games.

Yup, in Atari days Activision meant quality. So too did EA in the early C64 days (mostly).

Sigh.

Okay, last shot, with a hint of the title revealed.

Antman.

The Tragip Anchor

Edit: Sorry, C: The Tragip Anchor, to give it the full title.

Personally, I preferred the sequel. C: The Tragip Anchor 2: Engrablip Whombashu

I have not played this game, but I will try to puzzle it out from the partially revealed letters!!

“Stub Tracer Anbleheghh”!

Well, shit, I suppose I lose this round. I’ll leave it up for another couple of hours before the full reveal. Mostly to give me time to find another game.

You got one word right!

(I cheated)

Oh, then The Tracer Sanction

You are correct!

I suppose I thought this game was more well known. I remember it distinctly; it had a really odd style, but that was early text adventures for you. To me, this was another one of the biggies that I played when young. I should find some emulators and replay a bunch of these old Apple IIc games I loved as a kid, but I’m terrified I’ll hate them. Rose colored glasses are a comfort.

I remember the game. It was on my wish list when I was C64 gaming. Since it never made it to the ST or Amiga, I never pursued it. But its cover in my mind, which I remember from old Activision catalogs, looked nothing like that. I’m not sure why. Maybe it was just smaller or something.