Game box art challenge?

mobygames is a collective effort, what you don’t put there won’t ever be there.
I know this because I never put anything there.

That looks like an Austin Powers mouth to me. Did he ever get a video game?

I vote for:

Austin Powers: The Game

Oh, nice. There was a quiz game on the Mac, sort of YDKJ I think.

Well, that was fast. You win!

Jeez!

I will have something up in the next 1-3 hours.

We get some bonus pictures this time around because, for some reason, every time the game was released on a different platform it was given wildly different box art than any of the other existing versions at the time. So you have extra chances to win, just match one up with the version you remember and victory can be yours!

I can’t believe you recognized Mike Meyer’s mouth.

Wrong answer, try again!

Operation Wolf?

Green Beret?

DENIED

DENIED

Missile Command?

I’d say Road Blaster, because of the theme and the typical Atari “red band”.

Correct!

d7770405069897749d5555f7b3b710e0f48ca4f1

I loved this game in the arcade. I’d say a lot more, but I’m technically asleep right now.

Cool choice, Kerzain. Those are some pretty great box covers, especially the Nintendo one.

My arcade (the only that was legally accepting kids, “it’s complicated”) had a glorious three screens cab.
Too bad it didn’t feature the whole hydraulic powered goodness or attention, to details of Sega ones (that Afterburner one, oh my!), but still.

I also remember the perspective of the car being annoying to me. It wasn’t possible!

I don’t think this game was at any arcade I ever visited.

Unless I just forgot about it. But I was extremely attracted to any kind of car game back then, so it’s more likely this never made it to the arcades I visited.

I grew up near several arcades, and frequented all of them. But none of them had Road Blasters. To play that I had to go to a local Shakey’s Pizza Parlor. Tucked in the back by the bathroom was a small alcove with a couple arcade games, Road Blasters being one of them.

I loved the game and would visit the pizza place just to play it, and I still think about it fondly every time I’m stuck in traffic… if only air support could do a low pass and drop a mounted rocket launcher on my car, sigh.

The machine I played was a stand-up unit, not the cool sit down one pictured, and I never played the game on any other platform. I was suprised to see how cool the various box arts were, and to see how many variations there were. So obviously I had to post them all.

I think you are now ready for this.