Game box art challenge?

Nope. Like last time I did one, this is a bit outside the box. hahahaha

I really figured the art style would have been a dead giveaway. I’ll try and get another one up later today if no one gets it.

That’s obviously the same artist who did Dark Tower (Bob Pepper), but since Dark Tower isn’t a videogame, I don’t know what it is (unless you decided to include it for fun). But on a second look it does appear indeed to be Dark Tower.

It is, in fact, DarkTower! And I did include it to change things up a bit. I’d done the boardgame version of Pac-Man before and back when I did it I had checked and couldn’t find that the box had to be a video game (could have missed it of course). Anyway, sorry this drug out so long.

The thread title is just ‘game box art challenge’ so I guess you’re right, it can be any sort of game!

Oh, forgot to put the complete box up.

Born of Electronic Wizardry? What does that mean? This was a board game based on a computer game?

It was a board game, but used a computer in the tower to handle inventory/battles/etc. It had a push button interface and rotating cylinder with small pics of things that would light up when activated by a move or battle result. You could even figure out how things were going for an opponent if you listened to the sounds that went off during their turn.

found a good pic of the setup.

Yeah it was a hybrid. Big nostalgia trigger for some of us '80s kids. Also had a commercial with Orson Welles!

There’s a sequel that came out recently.

Title isn’t lying, that’s for sure.

@Gordon_Cameron , are you protesting the fact that it wasn’t a video game? :)

Sorry, I’ll try to rustle something up soon.

New game:

Dragon’s Lair?

Nope!

Frame 2:

Chilling. That is scary.

Frame 3:

Frame 4:

It’s Gothic, isn’t it?