Game of Thrones (HBO)

I don’t think Jaime has any line – other than maybe as Lord of Casterly Rock.

But the throne right now is not through the Lannister name technically. Cersi’s kids are being put on the throne through being Baratheon heirs “officially”.

Sorry, I was unclear… I was referring to Cobra’s post up above saying that all the Great Houses were dying out due to not having any surviving heirs, not necessarily having a claim to the throne. Even if Kevan Lannister dies without an heir, wouldn’t Jaime (and Tyrion, in fact) still be able to keep the House Lannister bloodline going? (I may be misunderstanding something very basic here, apologies if I’m being totally obtuse.)

Wasn’t there that other Baratheon too, the blacksmith last seen in a rowboat?

I think you are correct, both Bran and Jaime are still legitimate lines for their respective houses though I guess you could argue something about the King’s Guard oath and Jaime giving up those rights.

Gendry is a bastard. Moreover, he does not have an army. No one is going to legitimize him when they can claim the thrown for themselves.

In the show, wasn’t Jaime kicked out of the Kingsguard this season? Now, like Jon Snow or Barrister the Old (and dead), there isn’t anything preventing him from finding some maiden of Tarth and raising a pride of lions.

You guys are assuming all those people survive. They won’t. :D

But thinking real world, Jaime could keep the line going, John Snow being a bastard could be ignored, Littlefinger’s a pretty liberal guy, he’d be cool with taking Sansa’s last name, etc, etc.

Well the War of the Roses saw several ambitious noble lines become extinct, including one of the two primaries of the fight. Looking for a number it seems that it lands somewhere in the 20s, which is apparently also a fairly normal number for that period of time.

It’s selection bias. Most of the houses in the book face threat of extinction, but that’s because the book focuses on those houses precisely because they are being put under threat. Not like the Karstarks, Umbers, or any number of other houses are dying. just the ones trying to play for a throne.

One thing we’ve seen on this show is that people can be restored to previously unavailable positions. Tywin was going to have Jaime take over the family business. Ramsay was made an official Bolton. As long as the person is alive, and has some blood connection, it’s game on. These family lines aren’t doomed yet.

Pundits, begin your columns on how King’s Landing is like UK politics … NOW!

Not gonna lie. King in the North made me cry. And DANY FINALLY LEAVES MEREEN. SHE’S COMIN’, WESTEROS!!!

God, I want a daughter to be half as fierce as Lyanna Mormont.

1. Welp. I guess we’ll never know what Margery had planned. I’m assuming it was nothing dramatic. Just play along until her brother was freed, then deal with the High Septon.

2. How was Arya able to use the magic face disguise?

Holy Shit, a lot of people died this episode.

Lots’s of great moments in this finale, a several emotional string pulls.

As far Arya, I assume it’s a learned skill, a trick, magic that she learned… Cersei’s is still a surviving member of her list of names.

I really wish the show did a better job and conveying time, but hey still some nice scenes and moments. Lady Mormont is great… which probably means she’ll die but still great! Still several episodes left to cull the cast and therefore the predictions.

Oh, yeah Lady Mormont is going to wind up on the Iron Throne if she doesn’t watch out.

Uh…so…are we to believe that Varys went to Dorne, solidified an alliance, then came back to Meereen just to then accompany the ships across the sea? Perhaps he flew Drogon Airlines like Littlefinger did last season when he visited the Boltons?

Am I missing subtle clues as to how much time there was between story jumps?

My opinion, without any real proof to support it, is these various story timelines are not in sync at all. This last season is probably going to align them together. After all… lady Tyrell has not only heard about the death of her family, she’s in mourning and traveled to Dorne. I think the time jumps feel more… surreal because they’re out of sync.

They’ve admitted they play loose with the timelines. The John and Sansa Great White North tour took 3 months while other story lines in the same episode took place over a day.

I’m sorry, I came here looking for discussion about Jon Snow’s true parentage.