Game of Thrones (HBO)

You never really recapture the magic of the first time. We were all sweet summer children then.

Jon also killed one at Hardhome.

Now in the correct thread…

One of the funniest things about the way that they’re portraying the Iron Bank as immoral is the fact that David Benioff’s father used to be the chairman of Goldman Sachs!!!

Here’s his dad interviewing him at a Goldman event last year

It’s a wee bit depressing, although I suppose inevitable, that the show is now galloping towards the climax, knocking all sense of realism aside as it goes. “Teleportation” is a theme of mockery in most reviews nowadays.

It’s still fun to watch, well made, well acted, etc., and I’ll certainly stick with it to the end; but boy has it lost the gravitas it got from the GRRM plots/dialogue/chracterization that gave it that water cooler effect in the first few seasons. It’s just ordinary tv now (albeit lush and expensive, with a few fantastic set pieces). B&W by themselves do, unfortunately, seem a bit hackish.

Yeah, GoT has long since moved from the GRRM-based “OMG best TV EVAR” to regular TV writers “yeah, it’s lavishly produced, and better than most of the stuff out there, but still just TV.”

Preacher is what is blowing me away right now. The writers just use the comic as kind of an inspiration and then write up even cooler shit. Remember: go to Hell, and all there is to eat are Zagnut bars.

I don’t know if you guys are referring to the last episode or the season as a whole but I look forward to every Sunday and have to remind myself to stop wishing my days off away so I can watch another episode of GoT. Faults, yes, but still awesome TV>

Yeah for me its the best show ever and it isn’t close. I countdown the time to the next episode and I can’t wait.

The first episode of this seasons I felt like the tone had shifted too far from the books. Then I remembered everyone complained about the last 2 books because they’re so slow and like nothing happens for 1000 pages until a dragon drops out of the sky randomly to get GRRM out of his Meerenese Knot that he can’t solve.

Well, so much for Rickon… err, DIckon.

I have two words for you folks after tonight’s episode:

FAN SERVICE.

Also, the group that came together at the end of the episode may just be, in terms of the histories of the characters, the motliest crew ever assembled.

Not an epic episode like last week but quite enjoyable to me.

I kept thinking it’s an RPG PUG; they’ve even just picked up a couple of tanks and a magician. Well rounded. Might work as well as a PUG too.

Also, Arya and Petyr , which one is pulling the wool over the other one? I can’t tell just yet.

And Sam is an idiot. He should have stopped whining. Gilly told him something super important! He was not listening!

This has been one of the best (if not the best) season so far. I love this new breakneck speed. All the fat has been trimmed away and it just hurtles along toward a conclusion. Awesome stuff.

I love how The Onion Knight asks Gendry The Bastard to come with him and Gendry is like… hell yeah, let’s go.
Or at the end when Jon Snow says we’ll all on the same side now cause we’re all breathing.

I didn’t care for Jon’s line about breathing because it reinforced for me what a poor job the show has done with his death and resurrection.

I just have to add that I really enjoyed the whole setup for “The Dirty Magnificent Seven from Westeros” thing.

The fellowship of the ring did it better.

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/d0/d09c03a53dfe4cef7b14976b99839c839075536e8f170ab4d65e0538c9826997.jpg

I imagine them in that wagon, trundling along in the pre-dawn light an hour later when Sam pulls over. “Uh… wait. What was that you said about Rhaegar again, and the annulment?”

Haha, that would be pretty funny. They are kind of using Sam as some comic relief; Davos too. Also Gendry was awesome. He shows up to convince Gendry to do something but he’s like, I’m ready to go let me just get this big ass hammer that will probably way too handy for what’s about to happen.

So where do we think Sam, Gilly and Little Sam are off to?

I turned to my friend and was like “okay, now we’re doing the Dirty Dozen now”. Hah.