Game trading

Welp, I signed up at GameTZ, and I must admit to being a tad confused. I posted the games I’m looking for, and will post games I would like to trade/sell. Now what? Anyone have any experience with GameTZ care to fill me in?

Here’s how it works:

Do a search on the games you want in their search engine, find the people who have it in the condition you desire (with or without box, with or without instruction manual). Read the bios of those people to see if they state any preferences for what sort of games they’re interested in trading. Once you know who you’re talking to and have chosen some likely trading partners, email them (one at a time) offering either a game trade or cash. Most prefer trades to cash, but I was able to buy a copy of the original Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen game that way.

Looking at my to play pile, I actually get an appreciation of women and their love of shoes.

Thanks for the tip. JJ. Looks like I need to get started. ;)

Hey, it seems that I can’t initiate trades unless I subscribe. :(

Yep. I DID mention that above though, when I posted about gametz. As for finding trades, you also have a link that will match your available games with other trader’s wanted games. Then it creates a nice list for you to choose from. The link is called “matches”. As far as not subscribing though, you can STILL do trades. you just have to wait for someone who DOES subscribe to contact you. I have been a member for a couple of years now. The site used to be completely free, but the guy who runs it couldn’t keep up with costs so, just last month or so, it became a subscriber site. Brian, since I know you, if you DO see someone you want to trade with, let me know because I can initiate deals, and I can at least contact them for you or whatever. I should warn you that most people who are members and/or have stars (showing they have several trades) will require new people to send first. I had to do it when I started too, but you can generally trust such people. NEVER trade with anyone who does not have at least a bronze star unless they are willing to send you the game first.

I should add that I have done 27 trades through gametz, and I have never had a real problem. I have also saved a lot of money through that site…a LOT of money. There are lots of people there that have import games and systems too. Such trades are hard to work, obviously, but not impossible if you are willing to give someone what the game is worth. It still ends up being cheaper than Ebay most of the time. It works out well for everyone in the end. In fact, my copy of DBZ:Shinbutohden is listed there, but I usually only get stupid offers for such a rare game. So I don’t even post similar games that I have. I use that one hoping for some fanboi to give me $120 for it ;)

Welp, I’m probably gonna subscribe. After reading your testimonials and seeing that just about EVERY classic game I want is there, it’ll probably be worth it in the long run. Thanks for all the info, Robert. :)

Welp, I subscribed to GameTZ, and was surprised at how helpful people were on there. I went into the chatroom to ask some questions, and people were helpful and informative.

Welcome aboard Brian. I have been happy there. You are right that most of the people are courteous and informative. Good trading!

Thanks man, I’ll probably be spending this weekend posting what I want and what I have. I’m looking forward to saving mad cash. ;)