Gamedle: like Wordle but with games instead of words

The likelihood, then, is that I heard about it, took a look at it, concluded it wasnโ€™t for me, and forgot about it. The gaming space is so huge these days, keeping track of the stuff I want to play occupies all the mental space I can give it. :)

#GuessTheGame #400

๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฉ โฌœ

Never had a NES, so pure luck that I eventually chose the correct Kirby game out of the 26 (!) listed

To some extent, screw these ones where there are about 30 iterations of the title over the last 30 years.

#GuessTheGame #400

๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฉ

#ScreenshotSleuth

#GuessTheGame #400

๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ

I knew pretty early (frame 2 I think?) that it was a Kirby game, but with so many options, I didnโ€™t have any idea which.

At #3 I started guessing Kirby games, but never got the right one. Iโ€™ve never played any of them and had no idea there were so damn many.

#GuessTheGame #401

Well hereโ€™s a big old blind spot. My last guess was its sequel.

#GuessTheGame #399 ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ

Never heard of it

#GuessTheGame #400 ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ

Like everyone else: I knew it was Kirby by 2. I tried every Kirby game I thought might be era appropriate but was ultimately wrong :(

#GuessTheGame #401 ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ

Heard of it, never seen it. It looks like every other FPS.

#GuessTheGame #401

In hindsight, I should have figured it out when โ€œBungieโ€ appeared as developer.

#GuessTheGame #401

๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฉ โฌœ โฌœ

Recognized the boxy drone thingy from my brief trial of D2 but noted the absence of a PC release.

#GuessTheGame #402

๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฉ โฌœ โฌœ โฌœ โฌœ

Great game, played it through on the DS

#GuessTheGame #402

Loved that game back in the day.

#GuessTheGame #402

That first frame looked maddeningly familiar but I couldnโ€™t place it. As others have said, fantastic game.

#GuessTheGame #403

The answer does ring a bell, but Iโ€™d never have remembered it.

#GuessTheGame #403 ๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฅ ๐ŸŸฉ

I didnโ€™t have a clue until #5, and then I thought it might be Bionic Commando first! From #6 I remembered it was โ€œshadow somethingโ€ so I cheated and googled the name!

#GuessTheGame #403

Oh well. I heard the name but I donโ€™t think I ever saw any screenshots or game footage for that.

#GuessTheGame #403

Is that the one that Orson Scott Card had something to do with? I remember some controversy around that, but not the game itself.

This is one where the info hints really made a difference. Could have been a lot of games by the screenshots (probably ten games had a level with those dam structures), but not only on Xbox and being a 3D platformer.

Itโ€™s a good game. Now remastered and on PC.

Yeah, those would definitely have nailed it down if I could have thought of anything at all that fit those criteria!

He was not directly involved in the game proper. I think the one game he actually worked on is Advent Rising, but I could be wrong.

#GuessTheGame #404

๐ŸŽฎ ๐ŸŸฉ โฌœ โฌœ โฌœ โฌœ โฌœ

My first thought was a Mario Kart, but didnโ€™t recognise the red arrows.