Gamedle: like Wordle but with games instead of words

#GuessTheGame #374

🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Pfff, too easy

To help put a link near the top of this thread after it was split out of the Frame Game Frame Game Game Frame thread.

(It’s been going for almost a year, looking at the archives!)

There’s also a version for covers: https://www.gamedle.wtf/

#GuessTheGame #374

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥 🟥

:'(

I’m up to 41 and so far my oneshots are:

#GuessTheGame #1
🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

#GuessTheGame #3
🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

#GuessTheGame #5
🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

#GuessTheGame #25
🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

#GuessTheGame #26
🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Some games are so iterative (Forza Horizon, dear lord) it feels a bit stupid to go with random entry in huge series.

#GuessTheGame #374

🎮 🟥 🟥 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

I kept thinking Assassin’s Creed for the first two guesses.

Damn, that was easy.

#GuessTheGame #374

🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Gamedle and GuessTheGame, since those are different games :)

Oops. Yes, all the Wordle-ish game guessing games. :)

🕹️ Gamedle: 23/05/2023
🟥🟥🟥🟥🟩⬜
🕹️🔍 Gamedle (Guess mode): 23/05/2023
🟥🟥🟥🟥🟩⬜⬜⬜⬜⬜
🕹️🎨 Gamedle (Artwork mode): 23/05/2023
🟥🟥🟥🟩⬜⬜

Gamedle is interesting.

Another one-shotter!

#GuessTheGame #375

🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

I put that answer for every game that even vaguely looked like this in the first 50 days, so I’m glad it finally came up. But it also means I need to learn a lot of 2d black-silhouetted games.

I guessed on the first attempt, which I think it was pretty impressive, given I never played it or owned a PS3. I don’t know why, the bloom reminded me of some screenshots I have seen time ago.

#GuessTheGame #374

Failed! I had no idea! Bad, I know!

#GuessTheGame #375

One-shot! Also never played it… Just guessed based on instinct and got lucky!

Wow! Actually got one on the first try, the Gamedle one for today. Not sure how to do that export/copy thing on those. My wife and son and I played a ton of that game back in the day. Such a blast!

#GuessTheGame #375

🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Super easy for anyone who played the game.

🕹️ Gamedle: 24/05/2023 🟥🟥🟥🟥🟩⬜

Not so easy for someone who never saw that cover. I kept guessing Super Smash Bros versions until the 5th frame, when it became clear what it was.

Snap!

Except it didn’t become clear to me as I’ve never played this game and so didn’t know which of the 10,000 Mario games it was :D

I think the non-picture gamedle mode, Guess interesting. It’s like mastermind, but with meta data.

#GuessTheGame #375

🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

🕹️ Gamedle: 24/05/2023 🟥🟥🟥🟥🟥🟥 > https://gamedle.wtf

Box cover was hard today!

Particularly impressive since you didn’t even know what console it was on - ICO was a PS2 game. :)

As for today:

#GuessTheGame #375

🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Another one shot, and this is one I never played myself. That’s a very distinct visual style, though.

I went back to the first few out of curiosity. The first was an easy one shot but the second I only got on frame 6, and then only because of the title. What can I say, I never played Zelda.

The hardest part of #375 was making sure I remembered which of their games was the name of this one.

I went back and played some of the early ones and played today. I don’t get many in 1.

#GuessTheGame #375

🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

Heh, that was absurdly easy considering I am old. (Though not as old as most of you’se guys)

#GuessTheGame #376

🎮 🟩 ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜ ⬜

haha yeah, that one was in my wheelhouse!

It would have been particularly evil if they chose one of the spin-offs, e.g. Oh No! More Lemmings. There’s not as many as e.g. the Mario franchise, but you’d be hard pressed to figure them all out from the first image as they were all released within such a short timeframe!