Games bought in the last month

That is one of the best answers I have ever heard for having a gaming habit. ;)

I was cheering for you until you brought up the dollar’s devaluation. Now I hate you again. ;)

Couldn’t help it! ;)
It sucks for you guys for sure!
However it’s probably only temporarily and the tables will turn in a few years again or we will all see our currencies dive against the Yuan… :p

intruder I expect some non-spoilery impressions of Call of Pripyat in its thread.

Bought because I was really interested and intended to play them but haven’t found the time for them yet:

• Torchlight
  • Dragon Age

Bought out of curiosity due to word-of-mouth, frends’ recommendations, etc:

• The Void
  • Tropico 3
  • AI War: Fleet Command
  • Eufloria

Bought on impulse because they were cheap and I was buying something else anyway so what the hell:

• History Of Hammerfight
  • Lucidity
  • Fieldrunners (PSP)

Bought because I’d previously been interested but it got lost in the shuffle until an unbeatable deal came along:

• Overlord 2
  • Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty

Bought and actually got around to playing:

• Forza 3
  • Machinarium

Eh, it’s still cheaper than a drug habit…

I really wish I could afford to spend 300-500 a month on games! You guys are making me jealous!

We adopted a 4-year-old Border Collie and a 2.5-year-old cat from our local shelter. This has provided us with a new gaming system that’s potentially the most expensive I’ve ever owned. Barring catastrophic hardware malfunctions, the system should be viable for around a decade, and while upgrades aren’t possible, new games are constantly developed. Currently, we’re engaged in the “We R Fit” play mode which has the potential to be significantly more effective than even the much-touted future Microsoft VR system. The surprise, at least for my non-gaming husband, is that there’s a social dimension involved. He’s not sure if that’s a good thing.

On the downside, I’ve had little time for gaming this month. I did pull the trigger for Mass Effect when it hit Steam. My prime gaming time may be during my lunch hour at work.

Torchlight (bought in preorder, already finished it, great diablolike)

Risen (rpg of the year for me, love exploring in games)

Lost (game I finished when it came out as a pirate, so I finally bought original because I want all games I ever finished to have in original versions, even if the game sucks ass)

Machinarium (the best adventure game I ever played and the only one I finished because overall I strongly dislike gameplay of this genre)

Killing Floor (like shooting zombies in this game).

And few gogs:

Commandos 1 + 2 + 3
Advent Rising
EarthWorm Jim 1 + 2
Divine Divinity

and few ebays:

Halo Combat Evolved
Serious Sam 2
Call of Duty 1 + 2
Outlaws (oh yeah, LucasArts classic!)
Enter the Matrix (same case as Lost above).

The big one was a lifetime membership to Lord of The Rings Online. It’s a very nice looking game even now. It can feel homey and relaxing or very tense and challenging depending on what you’re in the mood for. Just needs a bit more variety of activities for casual gamers, less focus on 1%er l33t gameplay, and better housing and I might not ever log out.

Brutal Legend. Just wasn’t in the right mood to take my time with it. Too many other distractions. I’ll be back.

Borderlands. The perfect mindless shooter. Just enough challenge and variety to keep you entertained but without making you think twice after a hard day at work. Start 'er up, blow stuff to bits, zone out. Collect loot as you go. Very tasty snack.

Dragon Age. An obsession. Usually when I get annoyed with a game I just stop playing it for a few months, to clear the palate and come back later to see if the malfunction was with me and not the game itself. Here’s a game which, through great world building and storytelling, forced me to keep playing even after I was furious with the combat engine. Playing on the console version, which without a strategic overhead view isn’t the easiest way to manage a party, and then being very pigheaded about doing things “my way” rather than optimizing and min-maxing a party early on made for pure disaster even on Normal mode. Now I’m over the hump and have essential party elements like healing and crowd control in pace, along with lots of tactics slots for my barely governable AI allies, it’s working much better. Maybe even too easily now.

Dragon Age is quickly finding a place in my heart as one of the best CRPGs I’ve ever played. Certainly the best one that’s not sandbox.

Demon’s Souls
Torchlight
Dragon Age

I also bought a few digital versions for games that I already had physical copies and had played like Far Cry 2 and Stalker.

CONFISCATED?! I knew there was censorship of games there, but I had no idea it went that far…Well, fight the power! :/

Dragon Age: Origins (PC)
LOTRO - Siege of Mirkwood (PC)
Rock Band: The Beatles (360)
Settlers of Catan (iPod Touch)
Settlers of Catan (360 XBLA)
Ticket To Ride (360 XBLA)
Torchlight (PC)

Of those, DA:O is my favourite and Siege of Mirkwood my most anticipated. Just dinged 60 for the first time in LOTRO last week. As for Catan, I got the board game, really enjoyed playing with the kids and developed a Catan obsession. :)

Wendelius

I’m not the only one! I just bought Assassin’s Creed and Street Fighter IV for the 360. I love AC, and like SF4. This is the first SF where I can throw a fireball consistently.

I finished Mass Effect only 3 weeks ago, after picking it up cheap last year. I want to jump back in and do a 2nd round on hard…but got no time…

Since my post a week ago I got in all my orderered games, and bought NSMB Wii, Halo: ODST, Way of the Samurai 3, Lost in Blue 3, Little Red Riding Hood’s Zombie BBQ, the GalCiv 2 expansion pack, Quantz, Gyromancer, and AaaaaAAaaaAAAaaAAAAaAAAAA.

Ps3: Demon’s Souls, MW2

PC: Dragon Age, Borderlands, LFD2, Killing Floor, Torchlight, Shattered Horizons

MMO: Siege of Mirkwood

iphone - Doom, Wolfenstein, The Quest

It’s been a while since I bought so many games but that’s definitely it for the rest of this year.

Well, maybe AC2… and Uncharted 2… and

I still haven’t played either of them :(

Trying to finish Overlord, Titan’s Quest, and now L4D2 is out, and Far Cry 2 got put away. Argh.

How the hell do you people keep up with all that?

Dragon Age: Origins.

From the summer slump to present -

Bully
Conan (finished it!)
Dead Space
GoW 2
LoTR: Conquest
Timeshift
Silent Hunter 3
Dragon Age: Origins
Fallout 3: GotY Ed
L4D2

Only Conan is finished…

Brutal Legend (AWESOME!)
Torchlight (Meh…)
Borderlands (Pretty Cool)
Dragon Age (Hooray!)
Assassin’s Creed II (Haven’t touched it yet)

We don’t (see my post above). :p

Bought:

Tropico 3
Scared 2 - Fire & Ice Expansion Pack (though amazon.co.uk says 1-2 months as delivery time so we will see how well that goes… ;) )
Left 4 Dead 2

PS3:
Demon’s Souls

360:
Gyromancer
Peggle Nights
Resident Evil 5

I almost just bought Fallout 3 GOTY, Street Fighter IV and DJ Hero but exercised restraint. Last year I probably would have done it but, with Xmas coming up (and having just dropped £70 on getting Demon’s Souls shipped to me), spending money on new games when I’ve got incomplete ones already seems dumb.