Games Journalism 2018: We're taking it back!

It was an animated gif of content added to Postal 2 a few years back that was pro gamergate of someone pissing on the grave of games journalism. It was added well after the release of the original game specifically to cater to the mob.

Way back in 6th grade, my teacher, who was a preacher’s daughter, told us about how she and her sister had the idea to have bug funerals. They looked around the house and yard to find dead bugs, and they would take them out to the yard, bury them, and say a few words over the grave like dear old dad. But they soon ran out of dead bugs. Faced with the choice of ending their fun or creating a clientele for their project, it was a no-brainer. If there weren’t enough dead bugs, they would just have to make some. There was no reason to stop the fun.

Thanks, I wish the reporting on it had been that clear. In that case, definitely seems like a Bad Idea to post that, but GOG’s apology seems sincere.

This is another example of unacceptable censorship in the hands of VG247, executed to eliminate potential possible dissent opinions.

Everyone that love freedom of speech must be offended by VG actions, and appalled that GOG best track of actions is to apologize to avoid wasting time with people that play victim for clicks.

And I support what VG247 is tryiing to achieve. Just now how they do it.

It was covered poorly. I only know what I do about it because of research

I can’t keep track of the outrage, and the scandal, and the offense about the coverage of the tweets about the response to the scandal and etc. Can I subscribe to a service to have someone just tell me who I’m supposed to hate on this week?

If you are not attending The Two Minute Hate sessions I will report you to the Ministry.

Heh, “censorship”. What, GoG is owed coverage from a site? I’ve never seen The Guardian reporting on GoG, or El País, are they censoring GoG too?

GoG did something they disliked, and they’ve done something about it. Nobody’s owed coverage.

I think your sarcasm detector is busted.

To be fair, you need a really expansive one if you’re trying to operate it on @Teiman.

Anyone on that side of the spectrum (and its opposite on the horseshoe) is fair game.

and I use “fair game” in the context that ethical and moral considerations you would take into account when dealing with reasonable people/society can be overridden. It looks like White Wolf have a similar attitude.

Possibly, but I can never tell with Teiman, I don’t know if it’s because of the Spanish -> English -> Portuguese translation that needs to take place, or it’s just how it is…

True, that’s what makes it feel like art to me.

Supposedly, there’s some kind of behind-the-scenes drama here, but I haven’t been following it.

Wonder if it was Steve Butts and Vince Ingenito type drama?

That’s a shame, I liked Sliva on the podcasts. Not a lot of substance left on the site’s shows anymore.

https://globenewswire.com/news-release/2018/07/26/1542659/0/en/Enthusiast-Gaming-acquires-The-Escapist-a-leading-online-video-gaming-magazine.html

TORONTO, July 26, 2018 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – Enthusiast Gaming Media Inc., a wholly-owned subsidiary of Enthusiast Gaming Inc. (“Enthusiast Gaming”) is excited to announce that it has acquired The Escapist Magazine (“Escapist”), and the return of its former Editor-in-Chief, Russ Pitts. Founded in 2005, Escapist is a leading online magazine focused on in-depth coverage of the video game industry in addition to movies, comics, TV, and more. Averaging over 6 million monthly visits since 2008,1 the acquisition significantly grows Enthusiast Gaming’s network and follows the successful acquisition of Destructoid.com in 2017, enhancing the company’s growth strategy as the fastest growing community of online gamers.

Hoo boy.

I thought it was all about Nintendo Market.