Games of the Decade 2010-2019 - other sites thread.

Random reviewer audio started when I loaded that page, but then when I reloaded it didn’t so umm? Ok!

Shit. Mass Effect 1 was LAST decade.

Woah, A Way Out made the list! I was really looking forward to that game but then it came out and got tepid reviews. But this tells me that someone somewhere liked it enough that they thought it was one of the best games of the decade! Nice! Time to put it back on the wishlist after all.

Edit: Putting Just Cause 3 in the list instead of Just Cause 2 is a bizarre choice though. I checked and Just Cause 2 came out in March 2010, so it’s eligible.

Really? A Way Out is one of the best? Friend of mine talked me into playing that and I enjoyed it up until the end when it became a total ripoff of well, I won’t say which movie, but a pretty big movie. Kind of ruined the whole experience for me.

Guess I gotta make time for The Sexy Brutale.

20: Botanicula
19: Pony Island
18: Holedown
17: Rain World
16: VVVVVV
15: To the Moon
14: Thomas Was Alone
13: The Unfinished Swan
12: Nidhogg
11: Wilmot’s Warehouse
10: Dead Pixels
9: Sundered
8: Kingdom Two Crowns
7: The Swapper
6: Linelight
5: Pyre
4: Monolith
3: Escape Goat 2
2: Transistor
1: The Sexy Brutale

Given my game playing (lack) habits, I find it funny that I’ve played a greater percentage of these overlooked games than most of the ‘top’ lists.

At 6/20

Heh yep I am at 9/20.

14/20, and i wouldn’t call 90% of those gems. Hell a bunch are real pieces of junk.
Sexy Brutale is cute, if quite unremarkable overall.

Eurogamer is going to be presenting the Games of the Decade throughout this week. They started today with Dark Souls and Mass Effect 2.

https://www.eurogamer.net/archive/games-of-the-decade

Here’s a list near and dear to Qt3:

They put “management games” in their own category.

Here’s the top ten RPS best strategy games:

1. Into The Breach
  2. Neptune’s Pride
  3. Invisible, Inc.
  4. Crusader Kings II
  5. Alpha Centauri
  6. Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance
  7. UFO: Enemy Unknown (OpenXcom)
  8. King of Dragon Pass
  9. Sid Meier’s Civilization 6
  10. XCOM 2: War of the Chosen

Those RPS lists seem to be “best of all time” rather than “best of this decade”.

Hmm I don’t think Fallout 4 should be in the Top 10 of the VG247 list, it just wasn’t that good.

Forged Alliance near the top, yay! Also Sacrifice in the 20 is great, considering how little that game sold. Who knew enough game journalists even played it to get on a list. Civilization 6 though? I thought Qt3 told me repeatedly how much it sucked? I guess if the game actually has fans out there, I shouldn’t write it off completely like I had.

Nah write it off. It’s really, really bad.

Nice list. I didn’t realize Batman: Arkham City came out in this decade. (2011). Since that’s the case, it should be on more of these damned lists. I think this is the first one I noticed it on.

I guess we’re reaching a critical consensus through all these lists that Zelda, Skyrim, Minecraft, Fortnite, Dark Souls and GTA V should be somewhere near the top in this decade.

Note to self, games I still need to try from that list:

• FTL
  • Resident Evil VII
  • Death Stranding
  • Metal Gear Solid V
  • Return of the Obra Dinn
  • Journey
  • P.T. (yes I still have it on my PS4)
  • Undertale (it’s on PC Game Pass, I really should try this one soon)
  • NieR: Automata
  • Fortnite
  • Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Surprised RDR 2 was so low on the list. Thought it would make the top 20 at least. Also surprised none of the Assassin’s Creed games were on there. Figured Black Flag or Odyssey would have made the list.

Notice also that the original RDR was much higher on the same list. I suspect that’s why RDR 2 was lower. Pushed down by the original! :)

No Spec Ops: The Line? Guess we have differing opinions on the biggest artistic and\or cultural impacts of the last decade. Which is fair enough.