Games you can't stop playing, even though you should

Thanks Scott, I had forgotten about Bejeweled :-)

Nice job on your score. I’ve never played Blitz, just Bejeweled 3 on Steam.

Grim Dawn, maybe. It hurts me to say that, but approaching 900 hours, and I’m getting embarrassed by that. But now that I’ve started playing hardcore, I have no idea how to stop. Unlike softcore, where you eventually just tire of playing a character, in hardcore your character always dies right before you were about to hit some kind of goal. That makes the game feel so incomplete.

… But I was just about to…

… If I could have lived for 3 more levels I could have…

… if I’d reached the end of this act, I could have…

Arrrrgh. I can never stop, can I? I’m forever in Grim Dawn’s possession now.

(On the bright side, unlike playing an MMO and being unable to stop yourself there, I’m actually having a grand old time when I play Grim Dawn, so maybe I don’t ever need to stop).

We are swiftly approaching a solid year of basically only playing Boggle please help please

What is Boggle? Should I be joining you? I still haven’t found a single genre on the phone that’s satisfying other than tower defense.

It’s an adaptation of an old Hasbro boardgame. Randomized 5x5 square of letters appears; you trace words out on adjacent/diagonally connected letters. Longer words score more points. Sometimes there are bonus tiles to double/trip a letter or word, a la Scrabble. Standard match is just 2 minutes, so it’s super easy to fit in.

A couple of my friends here in town and I play it to while away the time with each other, but it’s really just sort of a mindless, but moderately satisfying, task.

It’s also stuffed to the gills with obnoxious social and f2p elements, but if you’re just playing standard games against randos and don’t care to use more one power up a game, you can safely ignore it all and never pay a dime, which is what I have done :)

Sorry for multiple edits which I’m sure are pinging you with extra notifications:

It’s not an especially good or interesting game. I mean, as far as simple, oldschool boardgames go, Boggle is fine, but it’s not actually worth the probable hundreds of hours I’ve dumped into this to the exclusion of any other digital entertainment. But what it is is easy, a place where two friends are that I hang out with all the time so we can harass each other about taking moves in current matches, and near the top of my apps list due to its name, so it’s really all I do with my phone for fun except for shitpost here :)

I have 3:
Fallout 4
Star Trek Online
Civ 5

I have 2.

Puzzles and dragons which is coming on 5 years, still play daily and Star Wars galaxy of Heroes which is over 2 years.