Games You'd Like to See

Didn’t try it after it got panned in general reviews. The original is one of my favorite games ever, despite the warfare getting old.

Side note – some guy is rewriting the original in Java: http://www.raykerby.com/jmoo/[/quote]

There is also this… http://www.freeorion.org/

btw – I couldn’t get your link to work… maybe it’s just my connection right now.

First, lets just say Ico 2 and leave it at that.

Second, I like see to an Animal Crossing ‘just do stuff’ type game set in Kim Stanley Robinson’s Mars trilogy.

I’d like any game in that setting, but I would prefer the focus to be on exploration and discovery…maybe a little politics…not combat based. That would devolve into stupidty real quick.

But what do I know?

The sequel that Anachronox hinted was coming soon…

Colonial Conquest II

And a TV game like First Row’s ancient Prime Time but ongoing rather than for 1 season.

Carl

I could say I want to see the flight simulation genre return to its former glory but - hey - I have to be realistic. :roll: :wink:

But overally there isn’t much anything I want to be released - I am pretty happy with my current games collection and upcoming announced releases.

Wow, thats about the coolest idea I’ve heard in years. Which means it has no hope in getting made. Still, great idea.

Thanks! The raykerby link definitely works; I just tried it. Maybe his site was down or something.

A GTA post apocalyptic Car Wars online mmrpg representing the size of a huge city like NY or LA or Chicago.

Middle Earth Dynasty Warriors

Middle Earth Total War (which looks like its in developement, but what about teh strategy portion?) basically a fantasy Total War

GTA free form fantasy game ala some huge city ala Forgotten Realms Waterdeep… ala ear;y Thief 3 concept.

OFP wargame, or a Combat Mission with REALLY good graphics.

replayable high quality coop first person shooter with an intelligent random mission generator. or an ingame editor thats as easy to use as was making simple missions in OFP.

Freedom Force Xcom, or like someone else said, xcom Silent Storm… or Jagged Alliance with Xcom basebuilding. basically Xcom meets Jagged Alliance meets Superheroes or fantasy etc etc

a few upcoming games like STALKER and Xenus are very close to the games I always dreamed of playing. Even Morrowind is close to my dream game (though Morrowind is hindered by generic combat). Or an Elder Scrolls sequel with the size and detail of MW but with combat akin to something in Severance/Die By The Sword.

etc

This sounds like it came straight from the Warren Spector horse’s mouth in a Deus Ex interview several years ago. That I can’t find now.

Supposedly Bungie is working on a new game in the Shadowrun universe. They are quite the masters of sci-fi in the gaming world. If they are in fact working on a Shadowrun game, I wouldn’t be surprised if it turned out like you want it to.

My idea: Lucasarts needs to get on the ball and make a Star Wars original trilogy game with Freelancer gameplay. And capital ships.

Or how about something land based? Star Wars does GTA 3 with ground vehicles and some flying ones, too. As long as it’s open ended.

While not MMRPG, there are a game like that on the ps2. I don’t remember its name and Xplay gave it a low rating but its out there.

This sounds like it came straight from the Warren Spector horse’s mouth in a Deus Ex interview several years ago. That I can’t find now.[/quote]

This has been my dream game for many years - I wish it was the dream of a good designer/developer/producer. Actually, a VERY primitive version of this was produced by EA years ago, Murder on the Zinderneuf. It was set on a Zeppelin or Dirigible, an interesting cast of characters occupied the rooms and wandered around, there was always a murder, and you asked everyone questions about who was where, relationships, etc. You’d find Mrs. Smith’s purse in Doctor Wall’s room, get rumors, etc. You could choose your detective character at the beginning of the game, and the cases were generated at the beginning of each game. Very primitive compared to what I’d like to see, but it had the basics.

Hell yes!
We need a shadowrun game… Perhaps be developed by Bioware using the KOTOR engine.

Doesn’t M$ own FASA? or do they just have the mechwarrior license?

I’d love to see a few things.

A Master of Magic remake that uses modern graphics and processing power but doesn’t lose the charm or focus of the original.

A new Red Storm Rising game.

A new X-Com.

A new Silent Service (though I think this one might be coming).

I’d also like to see something a little new. How about an Age of Kings-style game where instead of everything exhausting itself and forcing a giant military confrontation that resources can be managed and renewed, trade can bring real prosperity and you can just make a civilization flourish. Railroad Tycoon had some of this.

EA has answered your prayers. It’s called “The Two Towers”, and it’s great. In a few ways (as much as it pains me to admit this) it’s actually better than DW, and in a few other ways it isn’t quite as perfect.

To be slightly specific, the combo system and production values are better, but the story and RPG elements aren’t as good.

Oh dear me yes indeed, you hit the nail on the head with that one sir.

Hell, I’m still playing Fallout Tactics. Got burnt out at one point and put it down for almost a year. Picked it up again and the first night I played it was up until 4 am Wednesday morning. Ouch, what a headache the next work day was. I’m totally back into it now, lock, stock, and barrel. I’d much prefer post-apocalyptic (or at least sci-fi) to freaking WWII, though!

But sadly I think truly hardcore games like that may be gone forever… I mean, who is going to fund a turn-based game that could take 100 hours to finish, in this day and age?! :-( :-( :-(

How weird, I just started trying to finish off Fallout Tactics after a long hiatus as well. I’m on like mission 7 or so. I got a great laugh listening to R. Lee Ermey do the voice acting for General Barnakey. Then it hit me that General Barnakey was the name of the General in Stripes who picked Bill Murray and Harold Ramis and company to crew his new Urban Assualt Vehicle.

Isn’t that the sad thruth… I was just reading a reveiw of something from several years ago, where the reviewer was sort of complaining about the ‘short’ 20 hour campaign. I had just gotten through spreading home remedy on my rheumatism and complaining to the other old farts about Rockstar selling Max Payne 2 as a sequel instead of an expansion even though the damn thing was like 6 hours long if you exclude the long loads, the time I spent standing around watching the TV shows, and the (admittedly pretty ill) cinematics.

And jeepers, how many times can you do a FPS set in WWII?

I hope dandylife’s right about Bungie and Shadowrun. I’ve been yearning for a good 'run for years, since renting the original Shadowrun for the SNES.

Combat Mission meets Total Annihilation. Wego, nice graphics, and only enough unit types to cover all the bases. (Instead of 150 different tank types, just light tank, medium tank, and heavy tank.) Give the little guys a sense of self preservation like CM, and the ability to disobey orders if it appears you’re sending them to a certain death. Sure, gimme a Big Bertha, but make it so you need a scout type to radio in coordinates like Starcraft did with the nuke. Tanks can only see in front of them, thus needing infantry support to be effective, and having weak rear armor. Big explosions and over the top death animations. The ability to watch a replay of the whole battle, this is a must.

Basically, streamline CM, and boost the eye candy, to bring the tension of wego to the masses.

DeanCo–

Yeah Total Annihilation. Thats another one i’d like to see.

Total Annihilation meets Savage meets Desert Combat.

It would play like Desert Combat but with TA type units, and a commander who builds buildings and stuff like savage. The resources would work like TA.