Gaming chairs, whatcha recommend?

That post pretty much describes what I want in a new chair as mine likes to lose height too. I wasn’t too far off from that weight before I lost some, but you never know when I will gain it back because I have slowly climbed partway up and am having trouble reversing the trend to due enthusiastic eating.

So, I spent the money on a sporty looking racing gamer chair thingy that said it was for bigger guys… and I hated it. It was the most uncomfortable thing I ever sat on! So, I did a smidge more research, and choose a function over form chair that looks fine, and has serviced my needs very well. I originally bought it when I weight in a bit over 300, and it worked great still. I’ve lost 60 lbs this year, and at 240 it still feels great =) My butt approves highly of this chair.

EDIT: I do long gaming sessions, so this is a “Game all day” chair too.

Thanks for the suggestion, I wishlisted it.

My chair I am using now is going on 13 years, hydraulics are shot, doesn’t tilt anymore, but still is comfortable. I’ll eventually have to retire it. Its nice to see a chair with a 22" seat width, some of us wider folks need room. :)

That looks great, I also added it to my wishlist. Depending on how my next job review goes in a couple of weeks, I might snag it then.

Remember Prime Day is coming up so maybe this will go on sale.

Dangit.

Oh yes, then I remembered: Prime Day is usually garbage.

Heh, pretty much. Only the stuff they can’t move goes on sale, with the exception of proprietary products like Kindles, Fire tablets, etc.

Exactly.

OOHHH 20% OFF HEFTY GARBAGE BAGS?! THANKS AMAZON.

I know right? Not even Glad brand. :(

So I went to Costco today, and they had some office chairs, so I tried this Lazboy one, and my god if it wasn’t fantastic, so I was able to get their last one. Can’t wait to put it together.

https://www.costco.com/La-Z-Boy-Active-Lumbar-Manager’s-Chair.product.100490856.html

Please do let us know how that assembly goes and how it holds up later.

Absolutely.

I went to office depot and found a workpro 9000. The box had been damaged in shipping, so they assembled it, and were blowing it out on the floor. $400 chair for 60 bucks, and I didn’t even have to put it together lol. If you have the time, it’s worth popping into local stores like that, you can often find a real deal.

The chair itself is pretty decent, highly adjustable, and very sturdy.

I had one of those crack within a year and the wing style arms were broken before that. I’m obese tho so ymmv. Plural of anecdotes is not data and all that.

That chair on Amazon mentioned above is a Prime deal: $115

D:

I saw that! I think I am gonna bite…

I take it the mesh backed chairs are cooler than a leather or fake leather one?

Correct, I cannot even use a chair if its not mesh back , I needs the airflow.

Here is more specific info on the HON chair:

https://www.hon.com/chairs/sadie-chairs/hvst141#group-product-tabs-node-product-default2

I ordered one, this is a freaking $400 chair according to the manufacturer.

I got one too as I’m practically sitting on the floor on my current chair that keeps sinking.

We will have to see how @Fozzle 's recommendation holds up. ;)