Gaming Keypad

Since I am very infatuated with Helldivers2 I am considering getting one. I suck at stratagems, they are always late as I am so slow. Plus muscle memory is not what it used to be for me. I don’t want to macro stuff necessarily but the dpad is enticing. I used a Nostromo ages ago for MMO stuff but I have no idea where that is. Anyone using the razer Tartarus or something like it? Experiences?

https://www.razer.com/gaming-keypads/Razer-Tartarus-V2/

I’ve tried various flavours over the years, but they never stick. Too accustomed to regular keyboard and then they just end up cluttering up the desk.

One thing I have read (for PC players) is to rebind the strategem keys to your keboard’s arrow keys, rather than WASD, that way you can keep moving while fumbling for the correct combo. You obviously won’t be able to mouse look, but it’s usually standing still that gets you eaten or shot.

I did that but my brain is stupid. I couldn’t even drive stick well because when I have to move my hand I loose focus and my “place” and have to reorient. I did the rebind buy when I let go of the mouse I have to look where the arrow keys are and then look what keys I have to hit and by then it’s usually over and my Stratagem comes flying nowhere.

Thanks for the perspective on these. I feel similarly but on the other hand it may help my challenges.

Difficult to tell in those pictures whether it is the case, but avoid any Razer product with a thin rubber layer on the handrest. The glue will likely fail, a problem that persisted for years, unless it has changed more recently.

Unfortunately the Logitech keyboard is defunct (I have a spare in the Event mine dies). The Azeron ones look interesting, but I have no experience with them.