GDC: Who's Going?

Well, the House of Shields is booked on the 20th, Women in Games International or something…

Anyone want to get a drink Tuesday night, then do something more formal later in the week?

Greetings:
I’ll be around Monday night through Friday night, and like others said, things will be busy, so can’t guarantee I’ll make it, though would love to try.

Best,
Michael.

The “Mexican” restaurant was Chevy’s; we can certainly do an early dinner there Thursday. If so, who will be there?

Loyd Case

I’d come. I’m not attending GDC (no one’s paying for me to go and it’s expen$ive) but I think I might be able to make a dinner in the city.

Ooh, I miss Chevy’s. My favorite mass-produced fajitas. I’m game.

Anything happening Tuesday night?

It would be a true shame to come to SF and have “Mexican” food at Chevy’s. For good Mexican not too far from the Moscone center area check out a place called Maya. It’s up on 2nd street between Folsom and Harrison, about 2 1/2 blocks from Chevy’s. It’s a bit pricey compared to Chevy’s, but well worth it.

Here’s a link: http://www.modernmexican.com/mayasf/index.htm

While I’m at it, here’s what is probably the best restaurant within a couple of blocks of Moscone (outside of the super expensive range): http://www.lecharm.com/

Both of these places are great for dinner or lunch.

OK, here’s the deal:

Assume a 5:30-6PM dinner thing on Thursday. (I only say Thursday, because quite a few people aren’t getting in until late Tuesday, which would be the best day otherwise.)

I need everyone to chime in: who will be there? I need a headcount.

So far: Denny, Alex H., Acid (because he’s with me), Repoman and me. Who else?

I love how you put “Mexican” in quotes, Loyd. I’ve eaten at Chevy’s in LA/El Segundo, and I’d have to concur. They do make a mean margarita, though, if memory serves.

Anyways, I’m already booked for Thursday night dinner. I’m probably more likely to be able to make after-dinner cocktails somewhere, ideally somewhere near the Moscone.

I’m heading over there.

I will be there. Not sure dinner is doable but I will be stealing a couple of hours in the SFMOMA one day. Maybe Friday morning/lunch if anyone is up for it.

You guys should head over to the Asqew Grill over in the Castro for dinner sometime. If you do that I might head on over there to join you. Won’t be going to GDC though, too busy at work.

Castro’s a bit far from downtown.

How about we all meet somewhere Thursday night for a beer, then go to suite night together. You won’t need a badge to go to that, so you folks who can’t afford to go should be able to tag along on the maddness at the W.

Greetings:
5:30-6 might be a bit early to get started as the last session on Thursday goes until 6:30. Otherwise, count me in. I’ll try to at least drop by for a drink.

Best,
Michael.

Agreed, Michael.

How about we plan on a 9:00 meet-in-the-bar thing? We can do it at the same place, so if peeps who are meeting at 6:00 for dinner want to hang around, they can be nice and loaded by the time the rest of us show up?

If someone else can plan that, that would be great. I have to hit the road after dinner. But I’ll continue to plan the dinner thing.

I’m suggesting 6:45, then, at a location close to the convention center.

I’ll come on Thursday night. 6:45 is fine, but I might be there earlier if my sessions are over earlier.

At the Mexican place or somewhere else?

I’ll say that Chevy’s sucks, but it’s very central, and it’s a reliable meeting spot.

Should we just have a table or area staked out over there? Thursday night, again, is Suite night, which is literally right across the street. Those who tire of the tumult can escape to Chevy’s?

Or, the next most acceptable place.

I still like Dave’s, on 3rd, where we met in 2005, but I think it was small.

When we all agree on this, let’s build a new thread and anoint someone the keeper…

Maybe I’ll anoint myself.

I’ll take care of the dinner thing. Want to scout out a bar for after dinner?

I will start a new thread, once I get a full headcount. Then I’ll find a place and make reservations.

We didn’t have to hang out last year, except to wait for people to show up, because I made a reservation.

If Chevy’s is really close to the convention center, let’s just call it. This is more about good company and booze than fine dining. :)

(I remember this awesome burrito place near Moscone, but I’m sure it’s long-gone…)

Since Tuesday night’s kind of dead, anyone want to get together for some beer then? Is there a Gordon Biersch near Moscone?

How about Eddie Rickenbackers for afters? Right around the corner. Anyone from 2nd St. want to chime in against Eddie’s? Are they open after 10? I’ll inspect tomorrow.

As for the dinner thing, Chevy’s has a nice big room for this sort of thing, and is adept at it.