Geico's "money with eyeballs" campaign

At least we don’t have to listen to “Saved by Zero” anymore.

Or those awful Ford Edge commercials. “I like to live on the EEDDDGEEEE”

On youtube so you don’t have to download it

And the making of video!

Yes I knew someone would say that! Aghh, I’m so sick of seeing it though. And the Snuggie, that awful Subway 5 dollar foot long thing. Bell & Howell Sonic Earz., Vonage being every other commercial… Why do ad agencies have to annoy the hell out of us? Making you want to kill yourself when another stupid commercial comes on just doesn’t seem like good advertising.

I saw one last night where some girl is driving a scooter, and her long flowing armpit hair is hitting the guy riding behind her in the face. I think it was a cell service provider, not sure. It was just wrong. Wrong, I say.

I saw that too. Very disturbing.

As for the geico eyeball-money thing, gotta say I hate it. But I also hate the cavemen stuff too, once they moved beyond the 1st iteration of the ads. But then I’m turning pretty snarky.

I do like the 5-dollar-foot-long ads, though, so go figure.

Don’t forget the Horible, Zoom zoom Zoom Mazda ones.

Because they’re about hulking big black dudes banging little asian chicks?

Scion xB commercial music whoops the shit out of anything Geico comes up with.

Seriously, some of you guys like that shitty electro-voice-synth filter that’s infecting the fucking top 40?

I was talking about the Subway ads. I have no idea what you’re talking about.

It’s funny, I was just commenting to my wife the other night about how consistently great Geico’s commercials have been for what seems like the entire past decade. This was right after seeing another money-eye spot.

I think the absurdity and the music work quite well together. I certainly recall that commercial a hell of a lot better than most other ones I’ve seen in the last couple months.

In a discussion on another board regarding Superbowl ads, I demonstrated why I don’t work on Madisson Ave:

I like the one where the guy is going to eat out his wife and staring out at him from her gaping vagina is a pile of money with a pair of googley eyes on it and he’s like “What the hell is that?!” The girl’s mother, who is sitting in an armchair in the corner of the room smoking, says “That’s the money you could be saving with Geico.”

I also like the one where the flowers in the box are like, “We’re withered and dying, just like your womb you frigid bitch.”

/post

I like the one where the dude accidentally runs over the kid who runs into the street after his ball. After he lifts the limp body into his trunk he looks around guiltily and spots a pile of money with googley eyes sitting on the curb in front of the boy’s house. “What the hairy balls is that?!” the man shrieks. A cop steps out from behind a mailbox where he was smoking a joint. “That’s the money you could have saved with Geico” he says before transforming into a Phoenix and flying away.

I also like the one where the flowers in the box are like, “I’ve had better head from a priest you wretched crone!”

/post

I like the one where the teacher slaps his student – As the child runs crying from the room, the teacher slumps into his chair, opens the bottom drawer of his desk and pulls out a bottle of whiskey. The teacher takes a long pull, goes to put the bottle back and does a double-take. Staring back at him from the bottom of the drawer is a pile of money with two googley eyes. “Odds bodkins!” he exclaims. “That’s the money you could have saved with Geico,” the class intones as one. The children are hovering two feet above their desks, their eyes are pupiless and white as chalk.

I also like the one where the box of flowers tells the woman that, while she was out on her date last night, her mother was dying in a nursing home, frightened and alone.

/post

I like the one where the woman pulls into her garage – She’s just cheated on her husband and she lays her head across the steering wheel and cries. After a while she lifts her head. Staring at her from her husband’s work bench is a pile of money with two googley eyes. She gasps and looks around in horror and confusion. The dog is standing at the kitchen door. “That’s the money you could have saved with Geico,” he exclaims before turning and going back into the house.

I also like the one where the box of flowers informs the woman that she has ovarian cancer.

/post

Also I like the one where the cleidsdale comes around the corner carrying a severed leg in its mouth.

Drugs are bad, um huh.

I love the McDonalds filet o fish commercial with the singing wall-mounted fish for some reason. I crack up every time while my wife sits there in stone-faced disbelief.

As much as I hate McDonald’s, I have to agree that it’s a good commercial. I like the expression of the guy eating the sandwich. He knows what’s up, and the fish singing for his fillet just makes sense to him. The guy standing in mouth-open confusion is a metaphor for the rest of the world, who have not had the pleasure of tasting such a delicious sandwich.