Gems of War. The wait for PQ fans is over (sort of)

That worked. Thanks, never would have figured that out on my own. This will help get more time in (for the Guild!) 'cause I leave my iPad at home.

Slot 26 should unlock in another 2-3 days based on our current rate of task completion. We also have one member who hasn’t fought a battle in a month that could be kicked.

Okay, cool, thanks.

Will PM the inactive member and if no response then I will free up that slot

Appears that I’m the ‘inactive’ member. Indeed I haven’t played a battle for a month or so but I do still log on every couple of days and contribute a few hundred gold to tasks. I should be able to contribute more now since I just unlocked the last kingdom.

Does it not update unless you fight? I donate pretty much every day but I often go several without ‘playing’

The roster screen has a bunch of different tabs that show things like gold given this week, total gold, PvP trophies, last battle fought, and so on.

A slot opened up for you tonight, Thraeg. I hope you get an invite soon!

Invited the artist formerly know as Boojum.

I just downloaded this, 'cause I’m out of stamina for my P&D game (only 558 days in!) Is there any good “quick-start” guide that I could check out? My invite code is, shockingly, “ESPRESSOJIM”.

Getting used to not sliding orbs around like P&D is going to be strange.

Jim, start out by doing the quests in Broken Spire, which will unlock Luther for you. There are some other really nice ones you can get by doing the stories in Divinion Fields (might have to buy Zhul’Kari first) and Whitehelm (Adana first).

So, some Kingdoms have fewer troops than others? I’ve got Whitehelm up to level 7, but I only have two more troops left to upgrade. I clicked on the Show All Troops button and there aren’t any I don’t have. You may want to check to make sure you’re home kingdom has sufficient troops to level you up to 10.

correct. all will eventually be able to get to 10, but right now I think there are only a few. Getting to 8 for +1 attack isn’t bad, though

So that starting dragon mob at the end of Broken Spire seems like a giant roadblock. Instead I’ve done a few of the challenges, and done some invading/defending. I’ve won most of my invades (4 of 6?), and all 3 of my defenses. That bit seems more interesting than the campaign stuff, which feels out of reach to my meager deck.

Are there any guild positions open?

The campaign is good for picking up Troops (you get the character that accompanies you through each of the kinddom adventures). There certainly isn’t any harm in leaving it at any time however. You’ll also want to finish them to get bonuses from your kingdoms, more money, etc.

We had an open spot last night, but I’m not sure if it got filled. What is your “Recruit Code” in the game. You can find it somewhere in the Hero Menu, I think. It should be whatever name you registered with, but all caps.

It may be a bit tougher now than when the game first launched (not sure what level Sheggra is in that mission). The strategy here is to keep as few skulls and especially red on the board as possible. Also grab brown matches if you can. if you keep the board fairly free of red and skulls, even if she does get her ability off, you can probably use that to your advantage.

I got through Sheggra without too much trouble a couple days ago. But I’ve been stoned by the final encounter in Adana, which has all level-15 troops (mine are level 4-5). I’m guessing that most of the kingdoms are like that so it’s more productive to focus on other stuff.

As a fairly new player, what can I do effectively to contribute to the guild? I chipped in some gold, but I have a ton of kingdoms waiting to be unlocked. I’ve tried a couple invasions, but seem to have to refresh a lot to get someone who isn’t 20+ levels higher than me, so I’m guessing most people don’t start to focus on that until they are getting close to level 40.

By the way, is there any way to know in advance how much mana an ability requires? I’ve noticed that some units fill up nearly half their meter with a single match, while others are much less. This is with units that have the same magic stat, and without getting a mana surge. Same question for abilities that say they are “boosted by” a particular type of gem, which seem to vary anywhere from 1-to-1 scaling to 4-to-1 with no way to judge them in advance.

By the way, is there any way to know in advance how much mana an ability requires?

Unfortunately, that info can’t be found inside the game (I’ve been asking for it since the soft launch). You can find it here. Also, if you look at the game info menu at the top of that screen, you will find a similar page for the weapons.

As for the Carnex fight in Adana, you’ve really got to match all the red and yellow you can and keep Carnex from using his ability if at all possible. Carnex is very susceptible to true damage if you happen to have gotten your hands on a unit like Vampire Lord. Sparkgrinder is an ok unit to have as a tank in early in the game, but you pretty much never seem him used later on, because his skill isn’t great, and because there are much better units with those colors.

Yeah, it’s annoying that information isn’t available in-game. You can find it at the website though.

Edit: Curses! Beaten by Misguided.

Double edit: I wish this game had a way to craft troops like Hearthstone.

Ah, thanks. yeah, that should really be listed in-game.