GenCon 2019: Are You Ready to RPGumble?!

Sadly, I didn’t get into @ArmandoPenblade’s event - sold out. But I may stop by to say hi!

Yes, all three are sold out :-(
But as my son said, good for him that they sold out.
We will stop by to say hi.

The fiasco this year makes me glad that we never play in events and typically just do the dealer hall and then find stuff to do. Would love to meet up with some of you. The lady of the house would love to know that I do in fact know that people exist and can be interacted with in person ;)

If anyone is interested, Cards Against Humanity is doing an event near the con but off-site:

https://www.gencon.com/events/162396

A few years back they had “Concert Against Humanity” with Kumail Nanjiani and it was awesome. This does not appear to be that, but will still likely be fun. There’s still tickets.

Wait, what happened?

Seems like larger than the normal amount of complaints about people not getting any of the events they wanted tickets for. Since I never do the scheduled events anyway I don’t have any issues with it, but I guess the web stuff this year was a bit rougher.

I think it just really varies person to person, year to year. There’s technically more housing this year with a couple of new hotels opening up (including the one I’m staying in, IIRC), for instance! On the other hand, there are legitimately about 2,000 fewer events in the system right now than there were last year (but we’ve still got a couple of months till showtime, and more events keep getting added), so maybe that is tougher.

I was driving back from a cabin party vacation in TN when event reg went off, so I stopped at Krystal en route to do my submissions. Got 7 total events registered (had a full 50 on my wishlist to ensure redundancy) that covered most of the schedule I wanted covered, but I ended up going back and refunding like 5 of them last night and replacing them with other events that had opened up or that fit my time better. Now back to a full GC schedule!

Sorry to the folks who missed on my games. Keep an eye out though. I’ve already had a couple of people who initially got in cancel their tickets and get replaced by others. Looking forward to seeing @Vesper again, though :-D

Looks like I’m free for lunch at 12 at Saturday for a couple of hours, if any others are free then. Otherwise, also free for a meetup on Sunday at 1PM or later or anytime after (probably) 9PM on Wednesday. God I hope I’m free by 9 on Wednesday. . .

So we are one week out from Gencon. Anyone up for a gathering? I’ll be there Tuesday through Monday.

I’ll be coming in Wed night and leaving Sun night. Would love to meet QT3 folks whenever opportunity arises! I don’t have a lot of scheduled events in the evenings, so a beer or dinner one night is definitely possible.

Anyone else doing the Orc Stomp 5k on Friday morning?

I’m probably most free late Wednesday evening and afternoon on Sunday, I think. The group I ride up with try to get tickets and dinner after we arrive on Weds, so availability depends how hellish both those steps are, hah.

Sunday, I’m in a game till one. That’s usually when I’d go wander the dregs of the dealer hall, but if folks wanted to grab lunch or something, I’d very much be down.

I’m pretty much booked solid with 1 hour gaps from 9/10AM - Midnight the other four days, because I’m insane

I live nearby and the woman and I will be up for gathering for food, beverages and/or gaming whenever. Will definitely be at the beer tapping wed, but otherwise open whenever. We also tend to do a bunch of gaming on Monday with people who stay longer.

To all those attending Wed-Sun this week, have a great time!

I am jealous. I wish I could drive up Saturday (Indy is only 90 minutes from me) and hang out all day, but I’m swamped with personal life stuff lately and wasn’t sure I would have the time, so I put off purchasing a badge. I checked this past weekend and Saturday badges are sold out now anyway.

@ArmandoPenblade , good luck with all your events! One of these years the timing will be right and we will meet up and I will finally get to play in one of your amazing adventures.

Sorry to hear that we’re gonna miss ya, @SlainteMhath! Hopefully next year man <3

@Harkonis, @Vesper, @ineffablebob: sounds like earlyish Sunday afternoon might work, depending when Skip plans to leave? Maybe grab a slightly late lunch or something? I suspect most stuff will have emptied out a lot as people check out of hotels and jet.

I’m not doing the driving in my group but I’d be shocked if my driver wanted to leave before late Sun afternoon, so I’d be down for early Sun afternoon if others are!

Tagging @gpxxxtreme too, he’ll be in town.

Is there anyone going to Gen Con this year who would be able to pick a couple things up for me from the burning wheel booth?

There are a couple of Gen Con only RPG books I have my eye on (Miseries and Misfortunes and Catch the Devil). Of course, happy to send the $30 the books total up to up front, as well as shipping and compensate you for the time out of your con going (though there should not be a line at the booth, going by previous years).

Sunday afternoon works for me!

Next year I hope to be there. I’ve done GenCon maybe 4-5 times. It’s cool. I just love being among all the games and gaming geeks. I’m with my people!

Anyway, I’ll be getting a bit of a geek dose at the Star Trek Con in Las Vegas. That’s fun too.

Anyone get you yet for these @CF_Kane? I’d be happy to look, but it will likely be later in the weekend 'cause I got a bunch of stuff on Thursday and Friday.

I am up for whatever as long as I know when I ahead of time

The Ultimate Game Table guys are here, looks like something @Brooski and @Tman were talking about when we met up in Portland.