Gentlemen, start your photocopiers! Royale is the new MOBA

That’s Teamfight Tactics, and there’s also the original guys doing a stand-alone Auto Chess which I think is still in beta on mobile and tablets (at least on Android, not sure on iOS).

On Twitch, the category is called “Autobattler”:

Is regular chess too hard, they have to automate it?

Next, from BioWare…

DayZ getting its own battle royale mode. It’s all coming full circle I guess…

Jesus. This development has been a ride.

If it is a BR game with zombies around while you try to win the game, I would be really intrigued. The best part of DayZ is that combat is costly, because it attracts zombies. Would be an interesting dynamic, to survive both players and zombies to win.

I’m playing a new battle royal / auto chess hybrid where I control the economy for my 4 man squad to buy upgrades, then I place them on the map and watch them automatically get my chicken dinner…

So… there’s a MOBA clone from Gameloft with a font and website design really close in mimicking Hirez’s look and artstyle to resemble Riot’s League of Legends:

So it’s…a clone of a clone. Stumbled across it from the Twitch Prime loot rewards page.

https://dungeonhunter-champions.com/en/

Impressive the amount of effort that went into aping.

These look completely different:

The title for “weirdest Battle Royale” has a new contender: JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Last Survivor, an arcade-only 20 person Battle Royale with in-match leveling mechanics, and very on-brand visual onomatopoeia to make sneaking harder.

We might need a new thread though? Autochess could be the new Battle Royale.