Ghost Recon: Wildlands may be ready for launch soon

Title Ghost Recon: Wildlands may be ready for launch soon
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When July 19, 2018

https://youtu.be/JTt8pCROSCU

Ghost Recon Wildlands’ Special Operation 2 is launching on July 24th. More Ghost War versus multiplayer characters, new maps to fight in, more cosmetic loot to purchase. All fairly standard stuff for multiplayer content…

Read the full article

Wait, wouldn’t one want the AI team if playing single player?

Yeah I don’t get that part either. Perhaps they couldn’t implement the changes on the AI team easily and just scrapped that part.

A lot of folks don’t. They want pure “lone wolf” gameplay and feel the AI buddies just get in the way.

But, I liked the bad game.

Huh, I hope the team will still be an option if we like, because I do plan to get the game, and the AI teammates is one of the draws of it, for me.

The Ghost Mode stuff coming in the update is all optional.

Perfect! Thanks!

I think one/some of the other Ghost Recons had magazines that they kept track of the bullets. I vaguely remember changing mags in GRAW and the halfway used up ones would cycle back in at the end so you’d be loading half full mags at the end. I think.

I love the idea of only being able to change weapons at an ammo crate, makes them more of a resource to control in a battle. Kinda wish they kept the two guns though. That’s limiting enough.

So apparently you can turn off and on teammates in the main game and also this new mode. Not sure if it’s a one time toggle or you can toggle at any time, but that’s pretty cool.

I’m one of those. I was actually enjoying the game fine the way it was, but also felt a deep longing for my usual “lone wolf” approach.

But I can certainly understand people that enjoy the teammates (I did as well from time to time), and I’m glad they just added this in as an option. We can all be happy!
Just like I’ve never understood why certain games are so intent on forcing a specific savegame system on people. Certain [<that qualifier is in there on purpose dammit] games would not suffer if they “made everybody happy” by allowing save anywhere and/or checkpoint. To be fair, I think devs are beginning to come around on this issue, at least a little bit.

Anyway, glad to see devs responding to player desires.

Do you have to start a new game to unlock this or something? I could turn off my teammates in a gameplay menu but that’s it. It gave me a warning that ghost dialog (pun intended) would remain, i.e. your guys still make narrative ambient comments.

Awesome, like Rogue Trooper.