Glee

The “gay kid is gay” thing was leaked to that predictable bastion of ruining the fun for the rest of us Michael Ausiello a couple of weeks before the season even got started, so I knew it was coming, but I’m kind of glad they played it straight instead of trying to make a joke out of it. This show seems to do a pretty terrific job of walking the fine line between earnestness and deliberate humor. Also, for some reason, hearing four men who are obviously older than me perform Poison! makes me feel less old.

I actually like that the rival school’s chorus is made up of obvious Broadway show chorus line people in their late 20’s. They’re not even trying to get high school aged people over there.

And yeah, “Gay kid is gay” wasn’t exactly a surprise.

I continue to watch for Jane Lynch. I think they should recast all the teacher roles and have her play all of them.

I thought this thread would be about the BV3 album. My bad.

feelin kinda groovy
workin on a movie

Nobody was meant to be surprised when he ended up being gay, but it would have been more fun if he actually ended up being straight. Seems the easy way out to make the flamboyant kid gay, when it would be tons more amusing to have him be ridiculously metro, but playing straight. Shoot, they could have made the under-utilized asian girl be a lesbian to round out their mandatory show diversity.

I think I’m just annoyed that they defaulted to the gay archetypes of inappropriate fondling vocal coach, and tiara collecting music fag. But hey! It’s high school!

Scrax, all of the characters are pretty much the epitome of default archetypes, so take comfort in the knowledge the writers are equal opportunity hackneyed characterizers.

When watching Glee, I can’t help but feel like I’m treading water in an ocean of nonsense. Watchable nonsense, though.

But I choose to be offended by this one!

The “Singles Ladies” opening was amazing this week

The Nip/Tuck over-the-top drama roots of the creator are showing with the baby subplot.

And Kristin Chenowith next week! My musical theater side is all tingly!

I hope they get Patti Lupone someday.

4th episode was by far my favorite. Not only is the show still fun, but it’s really getting into real life issues of teens (and adults).

In the scene with Terri in the car with Quinn, Terri instantly transformed from a character I couldn’t take seriously to a character destined for heights of Shakespearean villainy, or at least Shakespearean scheming. (that’s meant as a compliment to the character, the actress and the show)

Even with the 4? 5? month difference between the births, which I’m sure will be amusingly explained, I’m willing to bet that Quinn’s baby will be a girl.

Why is every female character on this show so evil? It’s starting to get crazy. The men are mostly hapless, but there are half a dozen villains among the women.

Nip/Tuck has been/is the same way with the female characters. Something else carried over.

Just Jane Lynch and the wife, really. Quinn and the Head Glee Girl aren’t really evil, IMO.

Jane Lynch, the wife, the wife’s friend and mother. And the head cheerleader is pulling some pretty evil shit lying to her boyfriend that he’s the father AND denying the real father. The head Glee girl is also being an unsympathetic bitch. If everyone was psycho that’s be fine, but the male characters are all being portrayed far more positively.

Am I supposed to feel for the mohawk douche? Cos if so, all I feel for him is general loathing.

i’ve learned that if you’re blond, then you’re evil or at least wildly self-centered