Gog 2014

They do have a smallish catalog of games, many that aren’t too playable due to outdated UI and graphics - you can’t expect them to be all - “Yea!”

But they’re selling Unreal Tournament 2004 so they better be all “FUCK YEA!”

I don’t think it’s a bad site design at all. The aesthetic is actually quite nice. It may seem drab but you’ll notice (or not) the background hue changes to the predominant color of the main advertisement in the center as it alternates. I do think they should colorize the logo, however; it’s pretty bland. I really like the addition of the “New / Coming” and “On Sale” sections since those are the two things I’m most interested in when I go to the site.

The downloader they have is pretty awful though. I’m hoping the new client is a big improvement.

edit - Full disclosure: I am bland and depressed, so maybe it just suits me.

Feh, I am neither bland nor depressed, and it also suits me just fine. ;)

I’m becoming bland and depressed, but that is all GOG website changes fault…

Hopefully next up: boardgamegeek.com

HELLO IT IS NO LONGER 1998

You shut your whore mouth, their design is genius!

And by genius I mean awful. Wow, just wow.

yeah but the old GOG is like a million miles away from that horror show.

Haha that’s glorious. It could only be improved upon by ditching the tables and implementing frames.

I prefer the relative warmth of the old to the sterile appearance of the new GOG.com.

[POP] Just a random lurker popping in to offer further confirmation that the new GOG site design is indeed quite unpleasant. Popping out now. [POP]

Pah. It can get in line behind consimworld

My heart rate seems to remain steady regardless of whether I’m looking at old or new gog.

As long as the search works to find games, I’ll be fine for the 25 minutes annually I spend on the site.

GET OFF THE INTERNET UNTIL YOU CAN DO IT RIGHT!

You wired yourself up to a heart-rate monitor did you? Because i did and my level of agitation definitely rose when viewing the new site, so science proves it to be ‘worse’ as a comfortable customer experience. Also i’ve been reading that for many users search is now broken and for mobile users many feel the new design is worse for them! All that info is on GOG’s main announcement thread for the change here:

I don’t know if this is a harbinger of things to come, but GOG has Defender of the Crown available in what appears to be it’s glorious full-color Amiga version. I loved Defender of the Crown back in the day, even bought it again years later when the NES port came out just for the nostalgia. If this means GOG may sometime soon offer up the Amiga versions of classics like the Phantasie series…take my monies.

Some great deals today during the Birthday Sale Day Two.

Might & Magic Six Pack (1-6) for $2.99
Master of Orion 1 & 2 for $1.99
Arcanum for $2.39
Master of Magic for $1.99
Vampire : Redemption for $2.39
Realms of Arkania 1&2 for $1.19

True confession time: I believed that was true when it happened, felt really bummed out since I hadn’t yet bought anything from them, and then stopped thinking about it. It was sometime the following calendar year when I decided to check out why the GoG thread was still getting new posts even though so much time had passed.

Old GOG needs to come back. :(

Just cherish it in your memory! (you can also download my comparison to help that)

this has been a Steam only game for ages now, so it is great to see it get the DRM free GoG treatment, and i might be able to get it finally (once the sale is off), Terraria: