GOG Galaxy 2.0 - All your games and friends in one place - and they do mean ALL

Strange, I have all those there by default.

Yay. I got my email 20 minutes ago. Installing.

Me too, but they’re under “Community Integrations”:

Also, as seen, the Steam integration disconnects all the time.

for some reason the thing never integrated my steam friends list.

Yes, they are not official yet. I guess Valve and the rest do not want to play nice just yet, or it is in progress.

Personally I have been using Galaxy 2 for about a month and had it lose connection like, once.

my issue is that I use the textbox that says ‘search github’ to find the integrations, but it never finds anything.

I connected everything on the list just fine this morning. Though Steam was disconnecting frequently while I was doing the others. I didn’t have much time to test it and play around with it once all the imports were done.

One thing I wasn’t expecting is that it seems to get the game list for Xbox and Playstation from the games activity list, not from what own on Xbox Live and PSN. So, for instance, Anthem shows up, even though I’m only playing that through EA Access on Xbox and it will be gone in a month. Similarly, games that I played through Game Pass and disc rentals are on the list. Games that I played on Free Play Weekends are on the list. Games that I played on PSN when I used to be a PS+ member (which I no longer have access to) are also on the list. So it is all a bit too much information. On the other hand, it is interesting that Xbox Live and PSN must have tracked my play time for all these games, even though they don’t show them to me. But I can see it now on Galaxy 2.0. So that’s useful, and I’m glad they’re on the list now, even though I don’t own them or have access to play them anymore. At least I can see how long I played them and what achievements I earned.

Hopefully there is an easy way to remove games from the list though, in case I want to remove all those games that I no longer can play on those networks.

The one disappointment so far for me is that only Xbox One and Windows 10 games show up on the list from Xbox. No Xbox 360 games got imported. So I still have to track that particular game library separately I guess. And it is my biggest game library by far compared to other platforms. Well, except Steam I guess, and eventually Epic, if they keep giving away games in perpetuity.

Oh, and unlike Playnite, GOG Galaxy 2.0 knows that I’ve played Jedi: Fallen Order for over 7 hours. Playnite still thinks I have played that game for 7 seconds, even though I launch the game from their software.

Sorry Playnite. You’re getting dumped.

The other really interesting thing in Galaxy 2.0 is the stats page. It broke down the hours I’ve played on various platforms this month, for instance. From what I remember, it said I’d played Steam games for 49 hours (DiRT Rally 2.0, Overload) in the last month, and Epic Launcher games for about 28 hours (that’s Subnautica and Rebel Galaxy Outlaw), and a few smattering of hours from the other various platforms that were much smaller in comparison.

I also got an invitation for this. Installing now…

I installed 2.0 yesterday, and the community add-ons were included. Perhaps a re-install or update would be helpful.

Yeah also got my invite yesterday, and installation and integration of Steam, Uplay, Origin and EGS was a snap. Very slick.

I used Galaxy 2.0 to launch my games yesterday and this morning. Everything seems to run smoothly so far. Though I don’t think it’s keeping track of the Windows 10 version of DiRT Rally properly, only the Steam version.

It also still disconnects from Steam all the time. I just hit the retry button and it reconnects. I thought starting Steam in the background would help, but it keeps dropping out the same way even with Steam running.

I’m having thwts Steam disconnect issue as well and already reported it. Hopefully they’ll fix it soon.

There are a few missing pieces in Galaxy, but yeah, in general, they’re lapping playnite:

1. You can’t easily add emulators. They need to be added through custom plugins.
  2. In general, you have much less control. In playnite, you can have multiple actions for running a game, like setting up a HOTAS or a gamepad mapping before running it.
  3. Their bookmark feature is awful. It’s near impossible to manage and grow bookmarks. Playnite’s categories, by contrast, are far better and easier to manage.
  4. No big picture mode, unlike Playnite.
  5. The hyperlinking is weak. e.g. If you see a game is made by a publisher, you can’t just click on it to see all games of that publisher. However, it’s substituted by the ability to quickly press Ctrl-F and search for the publisher/genre etc.

Does anybody know if streaming is planned for GOG at some point? That’s one of the remaining reasons I use Steam (other than inertia).

Diego

Can you add GOG Galaxy as a game in Steam, stream that and then subsequently stream games it launches?

So I got the invite for the 2.0 beta, and installed it yesterday. Today I manually added AC: Origins to my list and linked the .exe. One thing I noticed is that the frame rate seemed lower with GOG Galaxy running than when just using Uplay directly, particularly when loading the game.

Now available to everyone:

Nice!

Two things I wish it would do:

1. Sync GOG client preferences using the cloud so that didn’t have to go through the tedious re-linking of other platforms on EVERY install

2. Include a streaming feature. Yes I KNOW people have commented that you could launch GOG from Steam streaming, but that doesn’t work (results in a blank screen even though GOG is runnings remotely)

Diego

I got it, and got all my platforms connected. It works well so far, but it didn’t get my Steam friends? Is there something I have to click for that?