Google cricket game

Vastly more fun than, you know, actually watching a cricket game.

I’m looking at getting the new Cricket Captain 2017 which looks like a slightly better version of Cricket Captain 2016.

You should also get Don Bradman 14.

But after years after playing what I think was the 2005 edition of Don Bradman, I finally understood the basics.
Took me 12 more years than understanding baseball on an 8 bits computer.

If you swing out in front, you’re almost guaranteed a little dribbler that’ll get you 3. I guess what you might call a “swinging bunt” in baseball. If you let the ball get deep into your swing, you’ll almost always hit a 6…course if you miss, you’re out.

My best is 151.

It’s actually like a slightly better version of Cricket Captain 2001.

I can’t believe how little progress this game has made. You can’t even sort the stats when picking your team.

But I bought it for the first time in years as I quite like idly clicking the mouse whilst listening to test match special. Think of it more as Cricket Clicker.

This, on the other hand, is wonderful.

DB 17 is meant to be a lot better since its release last year.

I’m not prepared to pay £40 to find out :)

For those of you who know baseball but not cricket, here’s a handy transformational guide to explain how cricket is and isn’t like baseball.

Me neither, it never seems to have a sale either £25 and I would be all OVER it ;)

Big Ant don’t really do sales. I had their Rugby League game on my wishlist for ages, but eventually gave up and took it off after about two years.

They did have a sale for DBC2014, once. When the Aussies toured England a couple years back Shane “Leg Before” Watson was out LBW in the first innings of a test and they said if Watson got out LBW again in the second innings they’d put the game on sale.

Maybe if the Aussie players do actually go on strike during the upcoming Ashes they’ll put DBC17 on sale to make up for that, but I wouldn’t hold my breath.

I picked it up then. Had no idea that’s why it went on sale though, that’s brilliant.

As Yoda would say: To really understand cricket, you must unlearn many things you have learnt.

Ahem.

Unlearn many things you must, before understanding cricket you are.

Better yet, Watson reviewed both dismissals and lost both reviews.

One of the many memorable features of that Ashes.