Google Pay

You can order food right from the app, get gas, and parking. Food is missing a lot of my local restaurants, but McDs is there, but when I try to order they say they are not offering order pickups. Subway and Wendys seem to work.

Gas, it looks like once you are at the station, you can open the app and pay through the app. Only “76” stations are showing up for me.

This could be really cool

Why would you do that instead of contactless?

In the US, contactless isn’t always an option. It’s been very slow to catch on here, but getting better. That said, the only gas stations in my area listed in the app, do offer contactless.

In Australia we’ve had pay at pump functionality on the BP app for a number of years. It’s not as good as you think as you’re not allowed to use a mobile while standing at the pump, so you’re just sitting in your car doing the payment while people behind you are wondering why you’re not moving. However, in the current environment it’s probably not a bad idea.

What is good is being able to preorder food or coffee before you leave the house and pick it up on the way when you get petrol. If the GPay app did that with petrol stations that might be pretty neat.