Google salutes Pac-Man's 30th

A few people do, mainly to see if there’s a special banner I think. Everyone else just goes after they’ve been tipped off about something cool like this.

I think she just meant like the google toolbar and other things that don’t require actually going to http://www.google.com, Mr. Snarkypants.

Like Facebook AMIRIGHT?

It still works. I use the cuil tuilbar when I need to do searches.

So absolutely awesome. Google does such cools hit.

I love the endless meetings here. It’s so much fun! Everything must be tracked, a case logged and SLA’s met.

Still in the meantime it’s great to walk around the floor and hear the little squeals of delight as they discover this!

Thank you. LIKE I SAID, I don’t think many people go to GOOGLE.COM to look up things, since you can search using google from any browser, from igoogle, from the yahoo tool bar, from the google toolbar, from a bunch of other tool bars, from Qt3 search! from facebook,. from ESPN.com, from hundreds if not thousands of blogs, from …

Get it now?

Because of that, it would surprise me if just by searching, people are causing IT departments heart ache. Certainly a ton of people going to a specific page may cause them an issue, but this can’t be the first time this has happened to a web site that is normally used in businesses.

Just read Yahoo will have a playable “Buck Rogers: Planet of Zoom” game in their logo next week.

Smart people set Google as their home page, because it loads really really fast. And because it’s Google.

You could just send out an email and tell people to stop playing pac-man. Although, that would probably require copywriters, lawyers, and a special vote from the board of directors.

Already cached in the proxy suxxors!

It doesn’t load faster than a blank page or Chrome’s startpage.

On Firefox here. Mea culpa on blank page superiority, which is why I went back and edited in “And because it’s Google.”

I had not realised it was playable @-@

By the way, if you’re running Flashblock, you have to add www.google.com (or your local equivalent) to its whitelist or you won’t get any sound.

I’m one of those that uses Google.com as my startpage, w/ Firefox. So I saw this, and thought “Man, I’m getting old - Pac Man is 30???”. Then, I thought maybe they’ll let you play by clicking the banner. Nope, oh well. Oh look, they’ve changed “I feel lucky” to “Insert Coin” - let’s click and see what happens.

Pac Man happens. With sound. Well, not just sounds, but those sounds, that I heard so often in my misspent youth in arcades. Although I’ve fired the game up before in emulators over the years, this unexpected bit of play was great. Way to go Google!

I’m pretty sure the 6-switch VCS had a wood-grain front panel too.

Awesome.

My supervisor uses two homepages: a newspaper in the front tab and Google behind it. Yesterday, he had someone from tech support come up when his machine started making strange noises after he clicked on a news story.

Ya - the sound is what put it over the top for me. Even though I cleared the first board without dying, I promptly killed myself on the second level to hear the death sound.