GOP Role Models - The Taliban

For Reals -

“Insurgency, we understand perhaps a little bit more because of the Taliban,” Sessions said during a meeting yesterday with Hotline editors. “And that is that they went about systematically understanding how to disrupt and change a person’s entire processes. And these Taliban – I’m not trying to say the Republican Party is the Taliban. No, that’s not what we’re saying. I’m saying an example of how you go about [sic] is to change a person from their messaging to their operations to their frontline message. And we need to understand that insurgency may be required when the other side, the House leadership, does not follow the same commands, which we entered the game with.”

Longer Article here.

To fufill the comparison then the GOP is a group of angry religious students who have learned to recite the bible word for word, perhaps not read it, and happen to backup their conviction with loose military training.

Oh, and some will just be in it for a paycheck because they don’t have solid prospects at home.

It makes sense in a sort of cosmic way. US conservatives think they should cram their ideology down the entire world’s throats, while Islamic conservatives think THEY should cram their ideology down everyone’s throats. So those two start fights with each other which end up dragging the moderate/liberals elsewhere in, even though as a general rule liberals on both sides just want to get along, be peaceful, and develop friendly relations, the “live and let live” approach.

I’m sure I’m opening myself up for a huge outcry by saying that, btw. Yes, its reductive. Oh well.

I don’t think it’s cosmic at all, that description is pretty spot on in my opinion.

The only thing cosmic about this is its stupidity. The GOP doesn’t get do-overs in the same way the Che posters get overlooked.

Gosh, it’s so unfair that the chairman of the National Republican Congressional Committee saying his party needs to model itself more on the Taliban isn’t treated exactly the same way as a couple of volunteers putting up a banner in a field office that they swiped from over their bong rack.

Umm… I think rhino was agreeing that Pete Sessions’ comment was beyond the pale.

Bong Rack?

I’m kinda jealous. I wish I had so many bongs that I needed a rack. I could put it in the back of my pickup, where rednecks keep their gunrack!

You can’t spell “Barack Obama! Ngggggh.” without Bong Rack.