Graeme Edge, Drummer and Final Original Member of The Moody Blues, Has Passed Away

Aside from playing drums on all their albums since they kicked off in the mid 60s and live until he retired from touring in 2019, Edge was perhaps most notable for delivering many of the lovely spoken word interludes on the band’s albums.

I was thinking about the Moody Blues last night and today I see this. Not sure why I didnt see it before.

So very sad. Loved this band growing up.

The funny thing is that I was watching a YouTube Video on the skins in Lost Ark. That made me think about Knights which in turn made me think of Nights in White Satin.

Talk about a crazy mind!

I didn’t realize he was the only one left. Didn’t the main singer come later? I cant remember his name.

Denny Laine was their original lead. He left the Moody Blues and eventually landed with Mc Cartney and Wings. Laine is still alive. Justin Hayward replaced him and has been the main vocalist for the Moody Blues since although the Moody Blues have basically been defunct since Edge retired in 2018. Hayward is still alive and doing solo stuff. Michael Pinder another founding member as the original keyboardist left the group after their 9th album. He is still alive as well. Another founding member, Ray Thomas, passed away in 2018 and the original bass player Clint Warwick, who was replaced by John Lodge in '66, passed away in 2004. John Lodge is still alive as well.