Grand Theft Auto V

I would Love a return to ViceCity. Locatin VC, gameplay more like San Andreas with a sprinkle of Saints Row 2 and the Engine of GTA4 would be awesome.

Teapahty City?

GTA Las Vegas, era 1940s or whenever it was that the old style mob runs the town. You’re sent there as a rep from one of the Families that feels they’re being shafted by some other Family in Vegas.

I still want Rockstar to have a GTA set in their version of Baghdad.

GTA Romford.

I look forward to buying this on Steam, just like I did with GTA 4 last Dec. Problem is I never got to play GTA 4, as 8 months later, I still get the ‘game is not currently available’ error message when I try to start it up Okay, I knew it was a $7 game at holiday special price, but I did not know that discount price would force me to wait more than 8 months for the game to be available to play. Such is the disadvantage with Steam.

Do you think GTA 5 will be available from the day I buy it on Steam, or is there also going to be a long wait? Is the wait less if you pay full price? I was patient in waiting for GTA 4 to be available but after 8 months I deleted the 15 gigs. How do I get a refund on a Steam download that never worked?

Unfortunately, getting a refund from Valve is tough. They generally only do it in special cases, like if it’s a preorder that hasn’t been released yet or you haven’t even downloaded it at all (so they can verify it in their own logs), and even then you have to say “pretty pretty pleeeeeease?” and bat your eyelashes a lot.

If you want to give it another shot, there are various things you can check:

• Verify the file integrity from the game properties (though it sounds like you’d have to redownload it anyway)
  • Check if an antivirus has blocked it; NOD32 used to give me some false positives on Steam games and they would fail like that.
  • Try running it from a command prompt and see if you get any startup errors that might not show up when launched directly from Steam.
  • Look for debugging log files in the GTA4 directory and see if there’s anything interesting in them.

They seem to be really interested in telling stories in their open world games, regardless of APB. That’s harder to do in an MMO, at least as cinematic as they’d like. Still, if they were to tackle a story light GTA MMO, they’d do a lot of things differently from APB which would mainly be carry overs from their world building style. That may be enough personality for some people to give a GTA MMO a pass but not APB.

Edit: Or to put it another APB made a lot of conscience choices that I think conceptually made sense to them, but in the end backfired. The look of the living city residents is a good example. They are mostly devoid of color and personality-less (especially compared to later GTA games). I think this is intentional to make the players “pop” against the background of the city. I’d argue the bloom and overall washed out look of the city is meant to do the same thing. Instead, while playing, it just makes the world feel more dead than it otherwise might.

Bug tech support about it until they pass you on to customer service?

First and foremost I would like them to put the fun back into GTA. Get rid of the driving physics, make it so that it doesn’t matter if a cop sees you get into a Pay and Spray, and add loads of activities. Oh yes, mission checkpoints so I don’t have to drive across the whole fucking map if I fail it.

That said, for the location I would love a foreign GTA. Europe or Asia, I don’t care, but something different would be nice.

I quite liked the new chase method - it really created some frantic chases through environments I might not otherwise have gone through, and desperate running through sidestreets when my cars would eventually submit. Otherwise I’d just head for the nearest Pay n Spray, same place as ever.

More options for evasion would definitely improve it. Maybe hiding holes you can duck into, like Saboteur and Assassin’s Creed, as long as you are out of sight.

I wonder if they could adapt the Chinatown Wars road rage-esque minigame to cop chases in a GTA4 type environment.

Are you running windows 7? GTA 4 will never launch from steam with windows 7. You have to go into the steam apps folder where the file is downloaded, run it in compatability mod for vista.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\grand theft auto iv\gtaIV.exe

It will perform a setup, put an icon under your games explorer and then it will run fine from there.

Oh look, Michael Pachter is talking, he can’t possibly be accurate.

http://www.1up.com/news/grand-theft-auto-5-release-date-11-analyst

I doubt it is coming out this year but I wouldn’t be surprised if we see something at E3.

GTA: Hazzard County. While Bo and Luke Duke are away driving Jeeps in the invasion of Panama, Boss Hogg has repossessed the General Lee under false pretenses and is selling it to a Japanese car collector. Uncle Jesse places a call to cousin Obadiah Duke, who has just been released from prison. He arrives on the next Greyhound, steals Cooter’s pickup truck, and hits the road to vengeance.

Who needs GTA5, when the better GTA called Saints Row 3 is coming out at the end of the year?

The Housers have been an intricate part of the GTA series for years

Spellcheck approves, must be just fine.

I don’t care what the setting is for the next game I just want them to implement an actual first person mode for walking and driving. I’ve been playing GTA 4 again using the (very cool) first person mod:

However it’s not ideal because often on a mission the game will need to take away control from the player (like to show a cutscene of something happening elsewhere) and in those instances if you’re in first person it just stops you from moving for a moment until the cutscene or whatever would have finished, without actually showing you the cutscene. Or sometimes it’ll stay stuck that way and nothing will happen and you’ll have to reload a previous save.

So yeah Rockstar needs an official working first person mode that’s like this mod but better and stuff. That’s all I really want from the next game.

Having a choice between first person and third person would be a nice feature. Personally I’d have to stay with third person though, since the first person perspective makes me motion sick (I never play FPS games for this reason).

I agree.

Though, if they fix GTA V and put it in an interesting setting I could be persuaded to try it.