Green Hell: Infest your wounds with maggots simulator

@BrianRubin @sharaleo @tomchick

I see that the three of you own Green Hell.

Any thoughts? It’s on sale at the moment and I’m interested b/c of the jungle environment and the disease stuff in it. Good for a survival game? Terrible / avoid?

I tried it briefly and returned it after around 20 minutes.

Its clearly not an triple A production - Thats one thing. The tutorial was (for me) impossible to complete, because I was missing some vital thing that just wasn’t there.

All in all, not a good impression the game made on me.

Ah, I guess I should watch streaming more. Which means, at least once, which would be infinitely more.

@tomchick is like a Zen master, he owns everything, yet nothing.

I read that as he got owned in everything. LULZ

<3 Tom

HE WAS JUST JUNGLING, OMG

Aye - you should! This is probably on of the finer Quarter to Three youtube videos.

I’m not much of a survival game person and was told not to play it as I’d find it too frustrating. It’s supposedly very good if you like that sort of game.

Can’t say I have put enough time into, tbh. I bought it when on a survival crafter spree and they are mostly still sitting in my back catalogue.

I enjoyed it for quite a spell. I highly recommend watching a play through of the early parts, but then stop watching and just play so as not to spoil too much.

Although it’s not covering those two specifics: have you played The Forest? That’s a great survival-crafter with a similar(?) [but better?] story (and takes place in the woods). Wasn’t it for the caves of horror I would have loved the The Forest (because of the forest environment. It’s well done.)
I’m interested in Green Hell as well but it seems there is a lot of trial and error and random deaths.

I have not, but thanks for the recommendation!

Also, try out Conan Exiles - It has desert, swamp, forest, northern forest , Frozen tundra and Frozen Forest biomes and is the best survival, building game ever. You will NOT regret it!

I played the Green Hell tutorial this afternoon and enjoyed it, being far less janky than I was expecting. I look forward to playing more.

You mean it’s not based on the movie?

What do you mean, “infest” your wounds with maggots? That’s a medically acceptable way of getting rid of necrotic tissue. I’ve seen doctors pack open wounds with maggots and tape them back up.

Well, technically, it’s an infestation, even if it is healing. Jungle science, you know, because you’re stuck in the jungle in this game.

Oh my, I made a silly mistake. I bought the game, finished the intro/tutorial and while I was making my first steps into the wilderness and enjoying the idea of carefully moving like it was Dark Souls… I suddenly thought: What about spiders? Oh no! I forgot about spiders. There will not only be all those snakes and cute/creepy little animals making alarming sounds, but there will also be a spider on my arm! I don’t mind giant comic spiders I can hack with my magical sword; but sharing my jungle with a realistically looking bird-eating spider? I don’t think so :\

:D

This game is unforgiving, but I like it. Finished the tutorial, built a shelter and bed, started exploring and died by rattlesnake bite about 1 minute after crossing the ravine near the starting area. Tried again from my saved game – this time some type of water creature stung me and I died. Plus, leeches. I haven’t seen the bird spiders yet.