Grim Dawn - An ARPG from Crate (ex Iron Lore aka Titan Quest devs)

You should start a new character. That’s what I do whenever I return. Then when you get in the groove of things for a few days, you can pick one of your older characters and things will be a lot more familiar.

This is exactly how I did it, and I’m more than pleased with the results. Playing with the newest expansion and new mastery (Oathkeeper combined with Soldier to make a Warlord) made it all fresh again. I still get a bit underwhelmed at the higher levels (once I hit 65 or so) but it’s so solidly enjoyable up until then that I’d always recommend starting over with a new character if you’re trying to get back into it. Then again, I seem to be one of the few that prefer the advancement of characters in the low to mid level more than the challenge of the high level play, so ymmv.

If it wasn’t for all the many games I have to play, I would probably start a new character right now just thinking about it.

I agree levels 1 through 65 or so is the most fun part. I don’t care for the last difficulty too much either. Going through on normal and then Elite is enough for me. Then it’s on to trying a different character who can do that.

Holy smokes.

What does that mean in layperson terms?

If I’m interpreting it correctly, it functionally means that completed components are going to be given out at, what, five times the current rate?

That sounds about right.

Great change as far as I’m concerned. Not because I demand a higher drop rate for components, but I hate sorting through and juggling partial components and full components at once. And I don’t like all the space they take. I’m lazy.

I just checked one of my character’s inventory and sure enough…

Every partial I had is a full set now.

I must now log in and play and not stop playing for six hours.

Wow, the biggest change this makes is it allows additional room in your shared inventory. There’s now room for a few more blue and purple items.

Great change - I had almost a whole shared tab chock full of components. Now I just gotta get over my fear of using them!

Seems like a great QOL change. Might have to dive back in to this, in my never-ending cycle of playing an assortment of different ARPGs. But I’m into PoE right now, and with the new league dropping in a couple of weeks it will be a while before I return to GD.

Now, if there could be some way of sorting them by which item they modified (like, “show only components that modify armor”).

You dreamer!

The text search for the Smith and the stash go a long way. It’s not perfect, but it’s much better than nothing.

Have they also removed the button in the stash/inventory that auto-combines the components (probably)? Love this little change. I paid absolutely no attention to the partial components, just waited until I had something to add them to then searched for the keyword that I wanted to find the completed one. That they aren’t adjusting the drop rate is crazy but fun.

No, that’s bad. I have way too much of almost everything outside a couple of crazy rare ones. I would rather they reduced the rate.

Craft more stuff.

Don’t need to. Maybe I need more crafting recipes? Whatever the case, I don’t need more components.

PoE handles that by making the components the currency, which is really rather cool. Of course, that game has its own set of inventory clutter issues…