Grimoire - It has Begun

On the actual subject of this thread: I’ve avoided Cleve and his weirdness/insanity for years because I am legitimately interested in Grimoire itself. I know he’s an asshole, but I’ve distanced myself from it because I don’t care. It’s like people who suddenly hated Ender’s Game after they found out about Orson Scott Card’s political views. To me, that’s kind of silly. but I suppose I get it. For me though, I’m more interested in the work itself. Hitler made some beautiful paintings. Sure, he was basically the worst human being to ever exist, but he had some real skill. Heh. I can separate the artist from the art. Maybe I’m weird.

However, I was unable to ignore Cleve when he showed up in the chat of one of my favorite streamers and basically called him a bi-polar idiot who couldn’t pay attention. Which wasn’t at all true, and the stuff Cleve was trying to get him to do, Tom had already done and was trying to find something else entirely. Cleve had jumped into a stream he’d clearly not been watching, made incorrect assumptions and just… was a complete ass. Tom was really enjoying the game, too. Giving it the benefit of the doubt, not shitting on it at all, even with the bugs he was running into. He was praising the hell out of it, really. He’s really into this game genre, and so far he was really into it.

Here’s a link to the time index of the video
. Watch the chat on the left. Cleve is “texasarcane.” Also, when Tom removes the chat from the screen, watch the chat replay on the right to see the rest of Cleve’s comments (and Tom’s last response to him). Tom didn’t know it was actually Cleve at the time, and talks about it at the beginning of his next stream of the game. He’s kind of upset by it, justifiably so. You can see that here. It kind of ruined his attitude toward the game and Cleve as well. Which is unfortunate, because before that he wasn’t shitting on the game AT ALL, even when it might’ve deserved it. But now he kind of does. Oh well.

Anyway, I came in here to see what people were saying about Grimoire and Cleve, but walked into a quicksave debate. On that subject, I’ve been replaying Far Cry 1, which only has autosaves. It basically ruins the game for me. The other day, I spent 30 minutes in an area systematically stealthily taking down enemies only for the really terrible AI to cheat and take me down (which is common for them, their sight mechanics are seriously bad). Had to redo it all again, and it happened again slightly differently after another 25 minutes or so. I couldn’t stomach another try. Sure, you could say “Dude, just go guns blazing” and I probably should. But I don’t find it enjoyable. If I had, I probably would’ve made it to the next checkpoint in 5 minutes. Anyhow, man, Far Cry 1 was amazing for its time, but it really hasn’t aged well at all as far gameplay goes. It is clunky as hell.