Grognard Wargamer Thread!

Roger that. MIght have to play against myself. Usually hate doing that as I like challenging the AI but with this one it might be fun to see which side of me wins!

I just noticed Tank Duel: Enemy in the Crosshairs came out…wondering if anyone has it or played it or tested it. Most say the solo mode is very good. I might have to take a shot at this one. GMT game.

Yeah, I hear you. It’l put up a challenge for a few play throughs but thats all. Like any AI it can’t strategically plan using an orchestra of capabilities and outthink you. PBEM is super- hassle free on the Slitherine PBEM++ server, btw, if you don’t want to play with yourself.

Cool…I will probably check this out and look at the PBEM server. Thanks.

if you do buy, recommend here, good price

https://nwswargamingstore.net/shop?olsPage=products%2Fgmt-ancient-civilizations-of-the-inner-sea

=8-0 5

It was intentional…couldn’t resist.

Ya…I’ve bought from him many times. Played most of his naval games also…great service.

For sure, I always look there first…placed my own order for the game today:)

If anyone has Warplan and wants a PBEM game, please PM me. I have another one going, but they aren’t labor intensive, and I can handle another.

Sorry i’ve been slow on my turns.

It ain’t bout you, man. :) You’re golden.

Armored Brigade just came out on Steam, so keys should theoretically be available from Matrix (I haven’t personally checked this). They also dropped their new main pack of France and Belgium with an Ardennes map to boot.

I was literally just looking at that and coming here to see if anyone had any experience with Armored Brigade.

There’s a 30% off code today only if you use HappyHalloween19.

I love it. Short version, if you liked Steel Panthers you will love this.

Well, damn. I can get the main game and both DLC for $37 then.

The following games are not part of the Halloween sale and the discount will not be applied:

• Close Combat: The Bloody First
  • Warhammer 40,000 Gladius: Fortification Pack
  • WarPlan
  • Armored Brigade
  • Armored Brigade Nation Pack: France – Belgium
  • Armored Brigade Nation Pack: Italy - Yugoslavia

… oh well.

As an aside, does anyone know if I buy Matrix games on Steam, do they link back to my Matrix/Slitherine account? I have my Steam account linked with them.

For some reason the games are all slightly cheaper on Steam.

No they don’t. However, if you buy the game via the Matrix Store (and it has a Steam version), they will assign you a Steam key for free anyway so you can play the game via Steam.

It also allows Matrix to keep more of the money, if that matters to you.

WTF Matrix / Slitherine?! That seem like false advertising because their own web and store checkout pages DO list them on sale.

Armored Brigade, for example, shows the complete pack advertised at $45.45 USD. I bought it last night and was charged $59.47 even though the store checkout page showed $45.45 USD. No coupon was needed to show that price.

I’ve opened a help desk ticket because, again, it seem a bait/switch.

Diego

Yeah, I discovered that last night and so I ended up buying the Armored Brigade Collection for $45 on Steam.

And then, LITERALLY JUST A FEW MINUTES AGO, I got a “You’ve been with us for 15 years!” message from Matrix/Slitherine, and they gave me a 50% off coupon.

sigh