Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, or "Uh, I've been away for a year or more so now what?"

Actually, the patch went live yesterday at about 6 PM Pacific, so it’s entirely possible that you actually played it after it was adjusted. ;)

I just started trying fractals today and they are alot of fun! I would be keen to join a Qt3 group in these things whenever the US and AUS time zones coalesce into mutually convenient play times, but alas my requests to get a guild invite for tjrneal.8041 fall on deaf ears.

If that’s Tom dealing with those, I heard he was on a week-long Guild Wars 2 rehab.

Invites just now sent! If there’s anyone else who hasn’t been invited, let me know and I’ll get you in stat.

-Tom

Would liek an invite thanks! sams.2546.

LeftEmpty.7045 didn’t get an invite and is very sad and lonely.

@tomchick , if you ever want someone to help with guild invites and events and whatnot, I’m available to help. Just saying ;)

So far Condi Mirage feels as fun in the open world as Daredevil!

Please elaborate, because I love the sound of that. Can you share your build?

I ended up with a code thanks to Tom. I’m BradzoG.9867 so I’d love a guild invite. Totally new to the game, but I started a Norn ranger at level 1. I’m trying to decide if I should use one of my level 80 boosts, or if it’s worth going through the low level content.

Me, I’m working up from 1. Maybe if I stall out I’ll use the boost.

Everyone says to level at least your first guy up manually, and I agree, but you get a ton of good stuff for using the boost.

Holosmith is fun, but I can’t survive anything. Story is getting frustrating as a result (in Season 2 at the moment). Not sure if I need some different traits or what. I equipped a shield, and that helps a little, but not enough.

If there’s a guild or something, I want in. JoshL.2375. I’m starting from 1 as well, but I’m up to 10 already! That’s almost 80, right?

Yeah, Holosmith can be a bit squishy. It might be worth using some +toughness or +vitality trinkets, and check traits again to see which ones can help in survivability.

My trinkets are hugely lacking. Is there any place I can go to reliably get upgrades for trinkets, rings, etc? Everything I get from story rewards is normal armor.

I can craft rares for you if you want. Maybe a couple exotics (if those aren’t account-bound). Let me know what you need and I’ll see what I can try to arrange.

BTW, if you have enough laurels (and a bit of gold), you can go to a laurel merchant and get some ascended trinkets there. Highly recommended if you have the means to do so.

I just now went to add you guys in, but I see you’ve already got invites. So thanks to whomever’s handling these for us!

-Tom

Thanks to whomever. No idea how guilds work yet, but I am proudly playing poorly while exhibiting that [QTT] tag!

Don’t worry then, all is ok. I did the first Path of Fire mission on 3 or 4 of my characters. Of those, only my elementalist died in that mission. Glass cannons indeed. ;)

My ele has died more doing PoF, and I’ve only just started, than he did going from lvl 1 to lvl 80.