Guild Wars 2?

For those who already played Living World Season 3, here’s a very nice recap/commentary on it by WoodenPotatoes. There are significant spoilers, so I suggest you watch it only after you finish:

It seems Arenanet has been using Living World seasons (particularly seasons 2 and 3) as a way to connect Guild Wars 1 with Guild Wars 2 lore, and they have been doing a great job with that (and getting better at it, too).

Anyway, I can’t wait for what comes next. We’ll probably see Season 4 followed by a second expansion? I hope so.

Well, first, we’ll see the rest of season 3. (I’d expect 4ish episodes, given that they’re spacing them out 2-3 months now.)

My Elementalist got a chest of 6 (!) tomes of knowledge. So now he’s thisclose to lev 40. Cool!

I don’t remember Season 2 having episodes - I think it was released all at once, wasn’t it? I’m not sure.

Nope, it had eight episodes, as I recall.

I won’t be ready to group with you folks for a while, but I’d like cool letters and numbers next to my name until I am. So if it’s okay, I’m Discord.7289.

How interesting it was to run around, in the same Maguuma zerg, with someone formerly of our little community who I actively dislike. Who uses their real name in MMOs, anyway? That, like, violates every rule of the OASIS.

Wow. No love here. Okay. Nevermind.

I can’t invite you to the guild. If I could, I would have.

I was able to jump in and do it tonight. First chance I got, sorry for being late though.

And I somehow messed it up. Thanks though.

Your invite shows as still active, so no problem. Should pop back up when you log in, or perhaps if you hit the G key in-game?

If any not-80s need some help getting through a piece of content, definitely pipe up!

Hit G to see who’s online in the guild.

Type /g to switch to guild chat.

I’m on as “Chymrr”. I generally hang out at Red Rock in the Silverwastes or (lately) spending most of my time in Maguuma. Failing that, I’m grinding mats in Orr.

Same here. My Daredevil’s name is “Miko Shikaku”, so feel free to say hi. You might see me playing as “Watchman Lee” (my Revenant), “Angela Bennett” (my Mesmer) or “Lyyta” (my Necromancer), but currently I’m more likely to be seen playing as Miko.

Yeah, I’m in. Thanks for the help.

rhamorin is very helpful. He rezzed my Tempest a couple of times last night at the gates of Tarir. Filip W Mac Saur does insane amounts of damage, but will blow over in a stiff breeze.

That’s a great name. And yeah, I know how squishy Elementalists can be. :)

“Tremors are coming from the north.”

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-August-23-2016/first#post6299743

After the last phrase in Episode 1 of Season 3, I wonder if that means that… either Primordus is moving around there, or maybe… Jormag has become active too?

EDIT: Ok, just found some info about what that means… here’s a link with a guide to the added content:

And well… it’s Primordus alright.

Preach it. Squishy but fun to play.

My elementalist is probably the tankier of the two characters I play regularly (the other is an engineer). She doesn’t have much in the way of passive mitigation, but her active defense and sustain are tops. Here’s a list of healing sources:

1. Healing glyph
  2. Scepter 3 and Dagger 5 in water attunement
  3. Heal-on-swap to water attunement (water specialization)
  4. Heal-on-dodge in water attunement (plus condition cleanse) (arcane trait)
  5. Regeneration when using glyphs in water attunement (air trait)
  6. Regeneration when using cantrips (all of my utility/healing/elite skills are glyphs and cantrips)
  7. Remove a condition when granting regeneration to me or an ally

Plus 50% vigor uptime from critical hits and that one arcane trait. I could certainly build to do more damage, but scepter/dagger really lends itself to a bruising midrange sort of play, and the survivability helps in boss fights and PvP.