Guild Wars 2?

Yeah, that’s me too. I try other MMOs but I always enjoy the WoW experience better.

Finally finished the Path of Fire story. Wow, they really know how to make those last runs to the final boss a slogfest of take-seemingly-an-hour-to-complete constantly going from battle to battle to battle. Unlike the Heart of Thorns final run, which I still haven’t finished, this one I managed on my own in my first attempt (oh, with a bunch of starting at checkpoints; I’m not that good!). Is it just me, or is the finale of the majority of games/expansions always such a letdown compared to the rest of the gameplay? In this case, I really didn’t like that I had to toss aside all of what I got used to doing over the months and months of constantly playing a character with a particular weapon and skill set, with particular key-combos being my battle go-to and then suddenly, for the biggest battle of the game to date, have to switch to using a totally different weapon with a totally different set of skills. I kept hitting the wrong shortcut keys because I was just using muscle-memory to guide my battle routine. It was extremely frustrating at times.

Still, done, a little underwhelming in terms of reward, I found, so now I’m back to more exploring before I get up the nerve to go after Mordremoth again.

It’s that time of the year again. Your Mad King says… go play!

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/releases/october-16-2018/

Started a human Revenant at level 1 (no using bumps to 80 for me) and all the magic of my first character has returned. I don’t recall there ever being a game that I don’t just love the creation of a character at starting levels and building them throughout the game to a relatively powerful force. The fact that I have my mounts already means the slow running around the huge world is somewhat managed, too. Now I can re-explore all those places I haven’t been since earlier this year. Instead of logging in and playing for 30-60 minutes, I found myself drawn in for hours again.

This game just keeps on giving.

Stop saying things that make me want to start playing again plz.

-Tom

I’ve got back into this in a big way in the last couple of months. I picked up the Path of Fire expansion in a recent 50% off sale and am loving the new areas and the mounts. This is my go to game to diddle about in whilst watching Tom’s streams. So much variety. Now if the QT3 guild gets a guild house up and running I have some sort of trinket for it apparently.

I’ve tried to get my GW2 account back, even dug up my serial number from Amazon where I purchased it, but you can’t just reset your password. You have to have a character name from the account and I’ve tried every name I know I’ve used regularly but still it won’t reset to let me in. I think I can send an email into support but I haven’t taken the time to do that yet because after spending a while re-entering character names to no avail I get annoyed enough that I tell GW2 to stuff it and just stop messing with the whole thing. Maybe one day I’ll just try with the email thing from the beginning before I get annoyed.

One thing I did discover that I hadn’t realized, since this was the first time creating a character not my first, is that some of the QoL stuff that I picked up was character-only based. New inventory slots, unbreakable/unlimited gathering tools, etc, are with my first character. I’d have to re-buy them for another character (or transfer the items that can). That takes some of the charm off of it, but hey, I can manage.

If you haven’t noticed, there are now Shared Inventory slots across the top when you open your bags. I believe you start with 2, but you can purchase more. For things like unlimited gathering tools, put them up there and that way they can easily be swapped between characters. I ended up buying 2 shared slots so that I could have my salvage machine and harvesting tools up there and easily pop them around.

I’ve started a new character recently and had a blast. i leveled an elementalist all the way to 80 and then boosted a necro. i stopped before fractals had been added, so im impressed at the scale of the end game and feel like there is a lot to do and a lot to work towards. if anyone is on and wants to do some fractals or finish dungeons… also, I’d like to try a raid at some point!

I believe you get a shared inventory slot with the purchase of each expansion. So if you buy the two expansions you’d have two shared slots.

I’ve been playing GW2 a lot recently also. The game added a lot in the 5 or so years I wasn’t playing. There are a ton of people playing the game it seems… and always something going on.

@Kyle700 I am on quite a bit but my playtime is somewhat sporadic. If you’re interested in raiding then I suggest looking over snowcrows.com to see what specs are considered viable and/or useful for raids. Many random groups will object to people not having a “raid” spec and knowing a rotation.

Lastly, I’m in a guild that does regularly scheduled raids, dungeons, and other events. It’s a family-friendly, welcoming group that has a good website, lots of guild activity, and uses Discord for voice comms. If you’re interested in finding out more, pm me.

The shared inventory slots were a good idea, but I noticed that they cost 700 gems for one (!) even though I start with two. An entire bank slot cost 800 gems so decided that I’d use the bank to pass my harvesting tools back and forth even if it requires me to go to a bank to get them (and I got a whole lot more storage room in the bargain). Fortunately, I’ll be focusing on my new character for a long while so won’t have to worry about switching back and forth much.

I’ve just been doing fractals and trying to work towards ascended gear as well as trying to do the HP challenges for my necro.

looks like there was a patch today. They changed the balance on almost every rune and sigil in the game, and you can salvage them now. pretty interesting.

Love the change to runes & sigils. Looking at the notes, they’ve improved practically every single one of them, and allowing them to be salvageable means I won’t be destroying them as often or tossing them for a few copper. Looks good.

@Kyle700, speaking of gear, my go-to guide for gearing is this wiki page, which I have almost permanently up in a browser window: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/User:Tanetris/So_You_Want_To_Gear_a_Character

S4E5 releases today, log-in to unlock it for free.

I had every intent to announce it first this time. And failed. Thanks as always.

Gracias, amigo.

Lots of spoilers in this article, but for lore nerds, the latest chapter was nuts.

I have yet to play it, but I’m looking forward to it. Eventually.