Gunfire Reborn: Wild FPS roguelite - 3M copies sold

First DLC in Aug 29th. 2 new heroes + 4 new weapons, no new areas, so I hope it won’t be expensive. Also a new mode? in a free update.

DLC is out (20% off), so it’s around 4,5€ right now. The base game is 30% off and the game+dlc is 35% off, so now it’s a good time to buy it.

Monkey abilities

Firefox abilities

More details on the changelog

Currently trying to get my friends in on this. Only mentioned it to them last night then it went on sale today so fingers crossed. I haven’t played it but it looks like it’d be a good fit for our group.

Such a great game.

DLC boughted just to show some love to the dev, even though I haven’t played all the base game characters yet.

Yeah the Dlc didn’t add that much to the game, 2 new characters mainly but the game already had six, it isn’t as if feels that much of a ‘needed’ update. Still I bought it because I think I only spent 8€ to buy the base game, and they deserve a bit more.

I’m in love with this game, streaming it all day today. Looking forward to some coop and for the gamepass release in Oct so I can play it on my xbox as well.

Finally, after 96 hours of playing the game, I got all the weapons

Jeez, the unlock of this last weapon was ridiculous, I needed 30 hours more than the rest.

The fox can do insane damage, but she is a glass cannon, it can die easily.
Survivability wise, I think the ranking of the heroes is
Turtle > Bird >> Cat > Monkey > Dog > Bunny >> Fox > Tiger

Started playing this last night with friends and… we all really dug it. The English localisation in and outside the game is terrible though. Even the DLC name sounds off. The result is some occasionally ambiguous descriptions/phrasing in-game, but the visuals, gunplay and stream of loot kept us playing and wanting more. I’m not much of a looter shooter person but I think the ‘run’ nature of this makes it a lot more appealing. The characters are adorable too.

Feels good to break the game… Aura of Venom allows to unload the entire magazine super fast with the secondary button, right? Well, with the appropriate Gemini perk, it shared magazine size with the other weapon (an AR with a pair of increased magazine perks). So instead of 8, suddenly it has 84 size magazine. Then add the Genesis scroll to make it 20% bigger (it doesn’t work exactly like that but in practical terms, it’s the net result) and Against the Flow and Bullet Bank scrolls to have infinite ammo, and you have a winner. I even only leveled it up to 26 because I didn’t notice the interaction with the scrolls until the end of Stage 3.

-A new horde mode for veterans (I say this because you can’t unlock stuff), with new progression and exclusive balance adjustment
-New boss
-Two new weapons

The new mode progression has a tetris inventory, lol

I found out that it’s somewhat easier in coop. And well, at least in the new mode it’s easier to find players for coop, because there is a single pool, it isn’t split up in several difficulties. Although, their connection system it still not very good, sometimes it wouldn’t find a match in 120 seconds, I cancel, try again and suddenly it finds a group of 2-3 in 2 seconds.

We got carried by the bunny. 1.3B damage, damn.

Fired this up for the first time this morning for a hour or 2. Was pretty fun, and having 2 weapon slots really makes you have to think about changes.

A friend and I have been playing this nightly you’re welcome to join us. We are on Xbox.

Is this multiplatform? I have it on PC.

Sadly no. I do own it on both though. My friend does not. The gamepass version is an outdated buggy mess compared to steam though. They outsourced it and the company that took it is not very good. Still a fun game but whatever.

I have almost nothing unlocked on pc but would be up to play either

Wait, what? The PC Game Pass version is way behind Steam’s? That’s so strange. I have the Steam version also, so maybe I can get friends to move over.

505’s support page indicates there should be one working direction of cross-play.

A temporary solution for this issue is to have PCGP users host a game an invite their Xbox friends to the game.

crossplay from gamepass pc to xbox, not steam. It’s a real shame because when playing on the xbox you can see how good the game is but it’s held back. My friends who play it on xbox don’t have the pc option either.

There has been a pair of updates this month.

The first one gave us a new ‘bizarre dream’. It’s pretty fun, in the second and third ‘rest points’ (between stages), you can choose 3-4 random scrolls (from a selection of 3 each time), and each one will also give a similar bonus of the enemies. For example:

[Deflection Shield]
-50% DMG taken form enemies over 15m away, +50% DMG taken from enemies within 15m away.
[Paranormality]
Monster’s Shields/Armor doubled. Monsters without shields/armor gain a shield equal to twice their maximum health, and then their maximum health is set to 1.
[Flesh and Bones]
Convert all Shield/Armor to HP and recover 3% max HP/s. (Effects on elite enemy are reduced by 80%)
[Lifesaver]
When HP is reduced to 0, HP is fixed at 1 for 1s. Each time of dealing DMG on enemies within this duration will recover 10% Max HP and 10% Max Shield/Armor. This effect will only trigger once.
[Resolute]
+50% Movement Speed and +25% DMG when your Shield/Armor is 0. Doubles the time a shield rests before recharging.
[Elemental Power]
When affected by Elemental Effect, there is a 50% chance to spread the Elemental Effect to the player.

So it isn’t the same as the player, but somewhat similar and lessened effect, with a few of them modified more as it wouldn’t make sense otherwise. At first a pair of these effects don’t change a lot, but very much like with your build, once enough are piled on top of others, some surprising combos may appear.

The second update is a new free map for Spiritual Assault.

June 1st.

New DLC is out.
Release notes

It includes 2 new characters + 4 new weapons.

For the rest of players, there is a new free update, with two new sub-modes, and 20 new scrolls, and some new misc stuff like new inscriptions.

Finally, the game has sold 3 million copies.