Half Life 3 confirmed

It’s the least they can do given how much they’re charging for the Index.

First time I’m hearing this name. What is Index?

Premium VR kit from Valve.

Oh shit, look at this, it costs a THOUSAND dollars?

It’s a little better if you’re upgrading from a Vive, but it’s still very expensive. Nice though.

Yeah, I think I’ll go with an Oculus Quest rather than spend an extra $600, even though giving Facebook money puts a bad taste in my mouth.

I’ve used a Vive (a while back), and the Rift and Rift S. I like the new Rift S. Haven’t used the Quest, which seems intriguing even if at present the horsepower isn’t quite there. Haven’t bought a VR setup for home though because, well, I’m not sure where I’d actually use it. My gaming space/office in the basement is pretty narrow.

Also the index still uses external sensors while the Oculus hardware doesn’t need them any more. That’s a pretty huge advantage.

Yeah, going to the Rift S was like, “whoa, no more stupid boxes on tipsy poles” which is really a big deal when you’re working with four dev teams in one lab space…

Or my small 1BR apartment!

Having owned/used a Rift, Vive Pro (wireless), and Index - even though the Index uses old external sensors and is tethered, it is remarkably better quality than all of the rest.

Unless it integrates a “haptic feedback” tube roughly 6 inches long, I’ll hang on to my six hundred bucks.

raw

Nice. It’s set before Alyx inexplicably fell in love with Gordon Freeman. Or maybe not. It would be funny if there’s a picture of Gordon that she can look at and fawn over.

That looks really good! Also confirmed - free for all Valve Index owners.

Dang, a prequel. I was hoping for a continuation of the story. Still looks awesome though.

That trailer looks really good. The Source engine has come along nicely.

Youtube link.

That does look really good. Not enough to make me want the hardware, but maybe down the road a bit. I am impressed that you can move things around on shelves - maybe I shouldn’t be, but I’m used to all that just being background in other games. And seeing the trailer, I’m oddly shocked to be seeing new Half Life content. Maybe we will get HL3 one day.

Fiddly hand puzzles confirmed!

‘Full length’, looks good! Thought it was a cinematic for a second or two at the start.