Half-Life: Alyx

I finished it with the Quest!

Yep, works fine on Quest using Virtual Desktop.

Geoff Keighley’s final hours for HL: Alyx is live. He offers a peak into the goings-on at Valve over the past decade.

Does this contain spoilers for the game? I’m planning to play it later once I have a VR set.

Hi Dirklectisch, of the 15 chapters in Keighley’s feature, the final four have some pretty major spoilers (everything from major plot points and locations to iterations of characters), so I would recommend steering clear if you haven’t played it yet or want it to remain a surprise. I really enjoyed it, especially for detailing the company’s design process and how they arrived at the decision to return to designing single single player content again.

I’ll wait till I’m able to play the actual game then. Thanks!

OMG lightning dogs :/

Hooooo!

Finished! On Christmas day no less. I really don’t have the space for this technology - half the times I hurled green lightning I smacked a bookcase. Just Squadrons to polish off now :)

I wish I had a VR rig just for this game.

Plus Levitation, the new mod that adds a whole new campaign.

My buddy told me about a mod that adds the whole city of Rapture from Bioshock.

Here it is:

Now playable without VR.

Anyone try the game with the no-VR mod?

Tempted to pick it up if it plays well.

They are still working on this , animations look good for the arms/hands.

66% off sale also going on, I think I am going to grab it.

Also looks like that Levitation game mod/expansion works now with no-VR.

No, and anyone who have played it in VR knows the main highlight of the game is in some mechanics and moments that are exclusive to VR. It’s why the idea of playing it outside VR is silly. HL Alyx without VR is very much a 6.5/10 game.

This is true. Unless you just want to be in an HL world, there’s nothing of note about it outside of VR.