Halo 5: Guardians

Nothing much to say now, but the promise of 60fps is cool, I guess.

60 fps? I thought this game wasn’t coming to ps4? ;)

$5 says it’s not 60 fps by the time it ships.

5 dollars says this thread becomes a PS4 thread

60fps says a PS4 thread is worth $5.

Waypoint blog post: Halo - Official Site (en)

But we’re not just making a new game in that three year span, we’re also making a new engine. During the development of Halo 4, we pushed the Xbox 360 and the engine to its limits, and we were happy with the way we were able to make the Halo universe look. The Xbox 360 still has a few tricks up its sleeve, even now. We are moving to a whole new platform with the Xbox One – a new architecture, new graphics hardware and bluntly some new ways to think about gaming, period.

New engine, eh?

Previous Halo titles, Halo: Combat Evolved and Halo 2 for example, strove to push the entire ecosystem forward – dual stick FPS with big open spaces in the case of Combat Evolved, and broadband matchmaking in Halo 2 – are just a couple of examples of the series innovating or amplifying ideas. So in building Halo 5: Guardians, we want to push the ecosystem as well as the universe. And we’ll have some surprises in store for new and loyal players of the series.

Bring it. Halo 4 was not the innovative experience most people wanted.

Early access beta clip of me trying not to suck.

I’m surprised I like it. I’m not a big fan of Halo gameplay but something about this felt good.

I want a shooter that takes advantage of all these damn cores and gobs of RAM. Destiny, COD, etc are all hamstrung in that their they’re still multiplatform with the last gen. Show us something that couldn’t be done before.

So Halo 5 is getting on the mobility bandwagon that seems so popular now with games like Advanced Warfare and Titanfall.

I cancelled my pre-order. Back in August when I saw the $15 discount I thought that deal was good enough that I should get this at launch. But back in August I also thought I would be done with Witcher 3 by the end of October. Ah foolish me from August. I’m certainly not getting a new game just to add it to my backlog. Gotta finish Witcher 3 first.

I this other thread is the one people have been updating.