Halo: The Master Chief Collection on PC is not an Epic Store exclusive

Finished ODST in one sitting this afternoon. Really enjoyed the ways it departed from the previous games, with some nice hub-style exploration and a moody, noirish tone. You could tell it was made by a smaller team (was this once intended to be H3 DLC?), so I appreciate that they took some big risks.

Tried the first few missions of Halo 4 on legendary and its just not doing it for me. I feel like the difficultly is a bit borked. Enemies aren’t especially challenging but they feel very bullet-spongey and take forever to take down. There’s a bit too much banter between Chief and the now-inexplicably-scantily clad Cortana and quite a few buttons to press. Still, it’s early going. Great looking game for the tail-end of the generation, but feels a bit more traditionally sci-fi than I expected from the series. Might return to it later.

The Flight 7 update restored the missing bump mapping and transparency effects from the original Xbox release of CE which were lost when Gearbox ported the game to PC. The also replaced the beta model of Captain Keyes, so now he looks like he’s supposed to. The Jackal’s shields are now functioning correctly and changing shade when damaged and the fog effects now resemble Bungie’s OG vision. So cool to see this level of support!

Before and after:

Nice!

Also it gives me an excuse to post this.

That moment after he dies and you see the leaderboard.

First place 20 kills.

Second place. 3.