Happy Music for Scary Times Thread

Katamari slaps all over. Good one, @SadleyBradley.

This one from ‘Where the hell is Matt’ always make me very, very happy

The opening to Keep Your Hands off Eizouken makes me smile each time.

Everyone has music that gets them through the college years. That music for me sounds like Stereolab.

I feel like this song is timeless (even if the music video clearly is not).

No guarantees and only very minimal QA:

Cued up to La Malanga, but it all stands a good chance of making you feel better.
85-year-old Charlie Gabriel kicking ass

“Groove Is In the Heart” is OK, but “Good Beat” is the apex of the Deee-lite oeuvre for me.

Thank you!

Added a couple more: Good Day Sunshine (duh!), Me and Julio Down by the Schoolyard, and Tijuana Taxi (most of the Tijuana Brass classics hit the spot for me–I associate them with my childhood).

We had Katrina on our 80s Cruise. I thought she was fantastic and she closed, of course, with Walking on Sunshine and did a fantastic extended version of it. She’s very funny too. If you get a chance to see her, go.

We were supposed to have the B-52s on the cruise but they cancelled. I’m a bit grumpy about it because they were going to board in San Juan, play, and get off the ship in the same day. I heard they were even already in San Juan when they cancelled on us. Oh well.

The entire first half of the Boo Radleys album “Wake Up” is like a delirious call to arms to not be sad. Like this:

Just added a couple more fun tunes – the first you may recognize from the In the Lounge tracks that were included with No One Lives Forever (some versions, anyway) and the second was a huge hit from some sisters from Spain once upon a time:

I looove that song!!!

Yeah, Herman’s Hermits rock.

Staying in the 60s…

Did you add these to the playlist on Spotify that @CLWheeljack started?

No, but I suppose I can do that.

Certainly shall. BTW I also just added “Brass in Pocket” by the Pretenders, “Bad Reputation” by Joan Jett, the Muffs’ cover of “Kids in America” and Devo’s “cover” of “Secret Agent Man” (purists will probably want to skip that one, heh).

OK, added yours @Gordon_Cameron and @triggercut’s track by the Boo Radleys.

EDIT-- misread your last post, obviously. Also added “I’m Henry the 8th, I Am” for good measure.

There’s one song that’s always guaranteed to put a smile on my face:

I’ve left specific instructions that this song is to be played at my funeral… ;)